Wednesday 7 January 2015

WOYWW #292: Bits and Pieces

Hello and welcome to my very first WOYWW post of 2015! I first joined in this blog hop last autumn and I don't think I've missed a single week since then! I've met so many lovely creative people in just the past few months and really enjoyed getting to know you all. I've decided to take part this year too and perhaps make it to 52 weeks of desk sharing this year!  If anybody would like to join, just head over to the Stamping Ground where you can find all the details.

This week I'm sharing some bits and pieces lying around my desk. My main projects for week one of LifeBook and the Documented Life Project were completed last week. You can find them under the relevant tabs in my menu bar if you are interested. Now, let's take a look at my current affairs.


  1. I created this tag as part of Week Two for LifeBook. The idea was to print an image of one of your own existing pieces of art and use it on the tag featuring your word for the year. Instead of printing something off the computer, I decided to use one of my gelli prints, which also had my symbol, the chevron sign on it. The instructions called for an inked background and stitching. I used faux stitching as I haven't got a sewing machine.
  2. I've just received this 2" Speedball brayer in the post. It came all the way from the US. It is quite a bit softer than the unbranded 4" one I use on the gelli plate. I really like it and it will be great for keeping it handy on my desk whenever I need it.
  3. I've just completed this tag for a swap in the Google Community Creating and Sharing Mixed Media Art. I'll unveil it after my swap partner has received it.
  4. No, I haven't been stuffing my face with cheese crackers while crafting! I'm going to turn this empty container into a "Celebration Jar". I couldn't find an actual jar for this purpose, but this will do. This is one of the LifeBook projects for week two. I'm going to write down all the positive things that happen in 2015 on small bits of paper and collect them in this container throughout the year. I plan to fill it to the brim with positive occurrences and start a new one if I run out of space! First, however, I will decorate it!
Here are some closer shots of my tag, and the first stages of altering the container. Thanks for visiting my desk today!





Work in progress


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.