Saturday 17 January 2015

Tag: Queen of Hearts

This was my December tag for the tag swap within the Google Community Creating and Sharing Mixed Media Art. The theme was RED, and we could create anything as long as the main colour of the tag was red. Now that my tag has been received by my swap partner, I can share it with you.

I used a gelli print as the basis of my design. I covered a regular shipping tag front and back with this print. Here you can see the Gelli pattern on the back of the tag.


 The front of the tag features a Queen of Hearts playing card ripped in two and distressed and a face moulded from polymer clay and coloured with mica powders. (My son thinks the face is extremely creepy, but creepy is allowed in mixed media, isn't it?)  I also added some sari ribbon and corrugated cardboard as layering mats and some metal charms (crown and heart padlock) for accents. I cut the two hearts out of chipboard and coloured them with oil pastels (sealed with hair spray). I also used oil pastels to colour the word tiles. As a finishing touch I inked the edge of the tag with black archival ink.

This was a rather experimental piece for me, a bit different from my usual style, but I had lots of fun making it!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.