Sunday 4 January 2015

WOIW: New beginnings

This is just a quick 15-minute page I threw together for Word of Inspiration Wednesday in the Kraafter's Kommunity on Google+.  Sometimes it is very exhilarating to work quickly and without much thought. I don't think I even sat down while doing this! I was on a roll!

The inspirational word (actually phrase) this week is New Beginnings. I thought about how we always use January 1st as a starting point for our resolutions. But you don't have to wait until this one special day of the year comes along. Every day is  a new beginning and we get 365 chances a year to make a difference and start afresh with renewed energy and inspiration.

This page started out with some book papers. I added some green pigments to these with watersoluable crayons and brayered some light blue and white acrylics over it.  I added some stamp marks with archival ink. I accented some of these with a white pen. The leaves were cut from gelli prints and outlined with a Stabilo All pencil. The number is a raffle ticket and it represent the number of days in the year.

I hope you feel inspired by this sentiment and regard every day as a new chance to get closer to your dreams and goals.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.