Wednesday 3 February 2016

WOYWW#348: A school project and a vintage girl canvas

I used to prepare my WOYWW posts ahead of time. but lately I've kept leaving it until the last minute. Truth is, even last night I had no idea what I was going to post today. I took a snapshot of my desk earlier in the day, just in case. It is a school project we'd been working on with my son. They had to create a poster about environmentally friendly products. At times like this, I'm really glad that we have all these art supplies at our disposal! Of course, I will not let him use my most expensive Golden paints for this, but I've got plenty of cheaper craft acrylics to play with! Not surprisingly, Oreo had to be in on the action too. I think by now, he's learned not to walk on wet paint!

Oreo looking on during the proceedings
Oreo guarding the finished product
My son showing off his poster
This seems like an opportunity as good as any to share another project. Even though I'm behind with some of my classes, I couldn't help squeezing in a free lesson by Jeanne Oliver on her ning site called "Mixed Media Vintage Girls". (You might have to get registered first to gain access.) I just had to have a go after watching the video!

This is a good technique for using an old canvas you no longer like, because you start by covering it with papers anyway. It was a bit scary sketching my girl straight on the canvas (instead of collaging), but it allows you to show the underlying layers. The quote originates from one of the daily emails I get from the Brave Girls Club, which I find very inspirational!  Here's what I came up with:  












Thanks for stopping by today. 
In order to see more crafty work spaces, 
visit The Stamping Ground for a fun blog hop! 
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.