Friday 19 February 2016

Inspiration Wednesday: Adventure

This week's Inspiration Wednesday by Donna Downey involved a background entirely covered by printed paper, metallic paint for accents and some clustering of papers and found items.

I used pages from the telephone book to cover my background and distressed it with some gesso. Instead of the gold paint that Donna applied, I opted for copper. My cluster includes some ribbon, a clothes label, printed papers, a printed b&w butterfly that was just lying around my desk, a brass key and the obligatory "Donna" tag to stamp the date on. I also added some texture paste to the background and some drippage with the copper paint as well as some splatters.

This page was done in a flurry of activity and I really enjoyed not having to worry about the outcome. Whether it's good or not, doesn't matter as much as just doing it! I'm learning to enjoy the process! I titled this page 'adventure' because my art journey is full of adventure and I'm trying to challenge myself in different ways from my usual style.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.