Tuesday 22 September 2015

Life Book Week 39: From Here to There

This week's LifeBook lesson comes courtesy of Roben-Marie Smith. Some of you might recognise her as one of the instructors for the Documented Life Project. I've always admired Roben-Marie's carefree, abundant style of journalling. Her LifeBook project didn't disappoint either! Full of colour and layers upon layers upon layers!

I closely followed her video creating my page and let me tell you: I haven't had this much fun in a long while! I made my page personal by bringing in elements around the family/heritage/home theme and did some hidden journalling on the back of my label.

One of Roben-Marie's techniques is to create labels as you go along working on your your page. I love this idea because you end up with labels that match your page perfectly without much extra effort. I'll show you the breakdown of my process below.

Layers 1-4: journalling, watercolours, collage, white acrylics


 Layers 5-6: pen/pencil marks, stenciling


Layers 7-8: stamping, drippage 


Layers 9-14: collage elements, stenciling (flowers and tiny dots), book page circles, outlining


Here are some close-ups. It's amazing how bits and pieces of all the layers show through.













And finally the tag:

I'm really happy with this page! I think I've proved to myself that I'm able to let go of my anxieties and just enjoy the process of creating. Now I'll just have to translate this sentiment into my everyday life! 

Hope you enjoyed your visit today. Next year's LifeBook is already in the making. If you would like to find out more about it, check out this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.