Tuesday 29 September 2015

LifeBook Catch-Up Week 30: Letting Go

Now that I have a lot more time to create, I pick and choose which LifeBook lesson to complete in no particular order. I was really looking forward to Flora Bowley's lesson on intuitive painting methods. I have Flora's book Brave Intuitive Painting, which contains beautiful photography of her artwork and lots of prompts, but it doesn't give much away about her process. It was great to see her in action showing us how she creates her art work in this lesson.

The idea behind intuitive painting methods is to let go of preconceptions and just start painting without anyting in mind and just see where the process takes you, adding layers as you go along. This was quite difficult for me at first - I kept reverting back to my comfort zone and my first two paintings ended up looking like altered gelli prints.


I had to go back to watching the videos again for round two to understand the concept a bit better. I'm still not quite there yet, but the next lot came out looking more like intuitive paintings. I like the one titled 'dream' and I want to recreate in on a canvas and put it in my bedroom. Of course, at that point it will no longer be 'intuitive' but rather something carefully planned and executed. I'll let you know how I get on with it! For now, here are some photos of my second attempt at this lesson. The close-ups really show the underlying layers.












 



I'm linking this post to Roses of Inspiration #39

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.