Friday 25 September 2015

LifeBook Catch-Up Week 35: Autumn

This is my first "catch-up" lesson for LifeBook since my return. As well as working on the current week's project, each week I try to complete one or two lessons that I missed while I was away, hoping to catch up by the end of the year. This was week 35 with the lovely Andrea Gomoll.

It was supposed be a quick warm-up excercise to get our creative juices flowing when stuck in a rut or (on the other end of the scale) overwhelmed with inspiration. This is actually my third! attempt at this lesson. It made me realise (what I'd already suspected!) that me and watercolours don't mix very well. It's not that I don't like watercolours (I LOVE watercolours!) but they don't seem to mingle the way I want them to mingle! This causes untold amount of frustration for me. I need to loosen up and just let them do their own thing.

Here's what I came up with. The excercise suggested that we stamp a word along with other associated words and build our imagery around these words. The lesson called for watercolours in the background and tissue paper (paper towels) used for textured shapes. I tinted mine with Dylusions inks and used Cotman watercolours for the background. As a finishing touch I used white acrylics for stamping and splattering.

While I'm not entirely happy with the overall composition, I love some parts of the background and the colour and texture in the leaves.  Thanks for visiting today! Don't forget to leave a comment if you have time!


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.