Tuesday 31 October 2023

WOYWW #752: October Round-Up

I'm writing this blog post on Tuesday night, the last day of October, just so I could stick to my blogging schedule of one post per month. I'll link up with the WOYWW crowd on Wednesday morning - I'm saying "crowd" but it's really just a cosy gathering of a few crafty friends these days. 

I've been super productive throughout October, participating in tasters, challenges, Facebook groups and working on various self-imposed, ad-hoc projects. I'll just cycle through some of the highlights quickly:

First off, there was the LifeBook Taster sessions, which I participate in every year. This one was my favourite lesson in this year's line-up by Angela Murray. I used a clever app to see what it would look like on the wall as a large canvas - the actual painting is on an A3 sheet of watercolour paper.


Next, there were several sessions of gelli printing - and it's not like I haven't got enough gelli prints already! Here are the results with some bright paints in the first photo and some alcohol inks in the second:



I've also made some eco-prints with autumn leaves - there's a good tutorial here if anyone's interested.


I've rusted some fabric and turned it into a journal cover. This was for the October project within Roben-Marie Smith's membership programme 'The Nest' (fun fact: I bumped into  Mary-Anne in the FB group!) 


Apart from this Nest Journal, I've made two other smaller ones, also with fabric covers and yummy coffee dyed papers inside: (perhaps you recognise my elephant fabric from years ago - finally I had a chance to use it!) 


Here's a side view of all three journals:


and that's in addition to the 'Transitions Journal' made with an old book cover following Roben-Marie's tutorial, which is available free on her website here.


What else? Oh yeah, I've done some fabric bleaching as well (these were some failed, dull eco-prints to start with and I turned them around by stamping some bleach on them):


And then there were some tags and journal pages - see some samples below:




Most recently, I had a go at Francisca Nunes Wanderlust 2024 Taster lesson of sketchy watercolour flowers, which you can find on YouTube here.  In a crazy moment, I signed up for Wanderlust 2024 - and in the meanwhile I also found all my downloads of the lessons from 2016-2018 that I never completed - so I'll be a busy bunny next year for sure! 


So there you go - lots of photos but not that many words. I hope you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to visiting you in return! Happy November! xx


18 comments:

  1. Making quick visits at the hotel. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Zsuzsa, you have been busy - such amazing projects too, you’re always so inspiring with your artworks too. I love the burgundy flowers with gold highlights in your journal pages and the free watercolour flowers are fab too. I remember the elephant! So nice to see it as the journal cover.
    Hope you’re keeping well,
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious display of yumminess here today. I kinda wish I had done the LB taster, but honestly I am overwhelmed with inspiration and no time. Ah well. I am loving the nest and FS so I will not look back. Love the "wall art" BTW - nifty app.
    Flying visit before knitting…
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you, and hey, love the idea of your art going on walls, that app is pretty fun, huh! I did recognise the elephant paper, he makes a great cover, I really am impressed that your previous works are still accessible for inclusion in the new stuff! You've had a terrifically busy month in terms of ink and paint, how very inspiring. I always love all your works, I hope you know that, but today, the bright gelli prints are really talking to me...the numbers make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great mix of craftiness this morning. So much to admire and check out. I am thinking the leaves might have to wait until next year. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many brilliant projects - I think I'll need a lie down!! And all those tempting links ....... So lovely to see you, I fess I forget to visit and look what you (or indeed anyone) are doing in between WOYWW Wednesdays but hey ho time just goes so fast. It has been a while and as you guessed I am now nanna to a gorgeous little nearly 8 month old grandson. He has turned my life upside down in a way I never anticipated. I'm sure pretty much all nanna's are hardwired that way but it does help that he is super cute!! Have a great month!! Love n hugs, Cindy xx #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your posts when you join in. Today is no exception. Thanks for visiting Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how I love your journal work and you are showing some great samples here. I had to smile at how 'fat' the three of them are in the photo - well done you, that is how a journal should be.
    I love the idea of that Huge painting on the wall - what a fab programme and a perfect painting to use.
    You have been so productive, you make my 'makes' look small compared to yours and I thought I had done a lot this month gone.
    Stay happy and creative, Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your visit, nice to hear from you again. AND WOW....loving each and every photo you have shared. THAT WALL Canvas is Awesome, love the colors. I enjoyed Francisca Nunes flower class back in the spring I think.I have a lot of leaves drying in books want to try stitching on them. Enjoy our next season, seems they fly by. I'm off to visit some you shared . Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative time you've has, Zsuzsa. There's some lovely work there. I love the circles abstract, the eco-paintings and the journal cover in particular. Take care and happy WoyWW
    hugs
    Lynnecrafts 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Zsuzsa, I'm here at last! As usual the boiler man didn't arrive until lunchtime and then I had to keep the dogs busy while hubby looked after him. By the time that was over and I caught up with a few other jobs it was evening, don't know where the time goes. So good to see you here again, I so lover to see what you've been up to. Wishing you a late but happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated WOYWW. How wonderful to see all of your fantastic creativity. I love it all. The first piece would definitely be wonderful on a canvas. Are you going to get one printed? Ali x #14

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your visit earlier . . . . I am feeling better now, the trip out helped to take my mind off everything.
    Love all the gorgeous techniques you've been using . . gelli printed leaves . . one to remember!
    Have a good week
    Christine #16

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are SO bad...you've made me drool all over my keyboard. Given my mouth was filled with Halloween candy at the time, I'm not sure it will ever recover. Your journals are fabulous, your super-sized oval abstract is outstanding, your gel prints and tags are phenomenal, and I can't help but wonder where you find the time. That's a prodigious amount of creativity in a month, my fabulous friend! As always, a delight to see you here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so many treasures ZsuZsa, water colour is great isn't it, think I prefer it to acrylic really. Still hoping for the gelli plate, which is on my Christmas list...Adore your journals and now have all your video links lined up to watch....sometime...Eeeekkk. Hugs BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous to see all this together. I love having a monthly review on the blog - good for yourself as well to realise how much you are getting done. I have just managed to post mine for October too. Not as productive as you but my summer and school holidays are coming soon....

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been busy making some beautiful books and gorgeous photos! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh, you have been so busy there. I love all this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.