Tuesday 26 September 2023

WOYWW #747: I'm back!

What better day to return to WOYWW than #747 - jumbo jet day! I've been gone for so long (8 months, in fact!) - it wasn't intentional - it just happened. During this time I didn't really do anything creative, though I kept myself very busy doing other things. This had happened before, so I wasn't afraid of losing my mojo - I knew it would come back with a vengeance and that's exactly what happened! 

Anyways, long story short, here I am again to share my desk with you and catch up on the current creative affairs of other desks! I'll just do a quick recap of my recent projects -

There were several challenges and free events that reignited my creative spark in September. The first one was #findyourjoy which was all about abstracts - definitely something I want to explore more! 

Using my sewing machine as an easel here!

Then there was Laly Mille's annual #paintwithlaly retreat, where we also created some mini abstracts:


I've also made an ad-hoc art journal out of a couple of used envelopes - here are a few sample pages - it's about half full now. I just leave it on my desk and randomly stick a few bits and bobs in it whenever I feel like it. 




I signed up for Wanderlust 2024 on a whim (just couldn't resist the early bird offer!) and #therobensnest, which is an online subscription community of Roben-Marie Smith, whom I've been following for years. More about these in subsequent blog posts. That's my creative news in a nutshell! 

In other news: my son has recently turned 19 and Oreo is at the grand old age of 8 years! It's easy to remember because my son was 11 when we first got him (the cat, not my son LOL!). He's now off to uni (UWE in Bristol, where my husband works, which is a handy safety net!) - it's all very exciting and nerve-wrecking in equal measure. I made this fun cushion for him to brighten up his student digs and to remind him of Oreo. 

Speaking of Oreo, here's a picture of him lounging with me in the Summer House earlier this month when it got really hot, if you still remember that far back. It seems ages ago to me! It's the best place to hang out on a hot summer's night and we didn't get many of those this year, did we? I'm not complaining, by the way - I love a cool summer!


And that wraps it up for today! There's a lot more stuff on my Instagram. I can't wait to find out what y'all been up to - I will be visiting soon - if not today then during the course of the week! See you then! xx

20 comments:

  1. Busyness! Creativity! all go together and you have done well. Super journal.
    Have a good week
    Christine #20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it’s so lovely to see you on the desks this week! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what you’ve been getting up to both crafting and in life. I can’t believe your boy is off to Uni, we’ve watched him grow up, tempus fugit and all that. And Oreo is 8?! I remember the cute kitten pics when you first got him, time really is speeding up. Hope you’re keeping well and happy xx
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have truly missed you. I was delighted to see you this week, Zsuzsa. I always love your art. I did the Find Your Joy, but my abstracts weren't as clever as yours. I signed up for Laly's but missed it. I am in awe of what you created.

    Oreo is such a doll. He will be around for many years to come, I suspect. My first cat was nearly 20 when he died. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    Failed to publish. I'll be back.


    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a visit from that big sister of mine this morning...checking up on me :-)... hence why I'm late commenting.
    What amazing things you've been working on...I'm glad you're back :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you 😊. I rather like the idea of a random art journal. Great pages and abstract squares. Your mojo is back! Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meant to say I love the cat cushion, an great idea to brighten a strange room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your message made me wonder which FB groups but your post explains all. Glad you got more out of the 2 workshops than me. I didn't really find any such joy and the Laly one just annoyed me. I did do a watercolour one too. I wasn't that taken by the subject matter but I think I prefer watercolours. Wish I'd noticed you in the FB groups as I found them quite overwhelming especially on my own. Love your abstract pieces and also your ad-hoc journal, what a great idea. My son is 25 just before Christmas and is certainly finding and expressing himself more these days, it is truly delightful to see. Hugs BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zsuzsa, started off okay this morning then got distracted by the garden! It is so good to see you back and your brilliant art work. Loving your mini abstracts and the journal pages too. I cannot believe that Oreo is 8years old as I remember you getting him, time is crazy. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh your comments (both) did make me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could see the funny side of it! I even thought to myself as I was working down the list - oh look, Neet posted her link twice - that's when I realised my mistake! :)

      Delete
  10. So lovely to hear from you, Felicia! I keep meaning to DM you on FB or Instagram and I always get sidetracked! I will though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to have you back here and nice to see you visiting again. I love Insta for the immediacy but I do like the chattiness and extra opportunity for looking closer at photos in blog land.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lynette! The two platforms compliment each other and you can't really replace one with the other!

      Delete
  12. Hi Zsuzsa, lovely to see you back. I loved your abstract art and your random journal. That cushion for your son is gorgeous and will be beautifully cheer up student digs. Gracie and Vella send purrs to Oreo
    Take care; enjoy your week
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the visit. Time just flies by and we all need to refresh. Loving all the fun photos you have shared. Your creativity is so fun and awesome. Loving all the colors. Hugs to you and Oreo, somedays don't know what I'd do without Bailey he's quite the entertainer. Have a fun FALL,

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a treat to see you back here, Zsuzsa, and I'm LOVING those mini abstracts, especially. Your time off was obviously a wonderful creativity-building space for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So good to have you back with us. You have been missed but what a lovely surprise to see you up there and to see your lovely artwork adorning your blog.
    Love the idea of the ad hoc journal - that is something I would love to do myself, if I remember. My memory is so shocking at the moment.
    Your mini abstracts remind me that I should really look at some of these art lessons that are available.
    Can't get over your son being 17 and Oreo being 8 - where does the time go to. The cushion is absolutely fabulous - I love the fabric you got to make it for him. Bet he curled up with that the first few nights he was away.
    Loved my visit.
    Hope you stay around with us
    Hugs, Neet 8 xx
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fab creations - one and all - yet it's the mini abstracts that really held my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've caught up a bit but not quite. I also saved the LM classes but between the Nest and FS I cannot think when I will have time to do it. I still have a taster class (twinchies, I think it was) from her that I adore saved and am hoping to repeat that as well. I am overwhelmed with inspo. DOH! Love the envie journal. Your work always makes me smile and clap my hands with glee!

    Happy, so very late, WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (7)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Zsuzsa, It is so nice to read you again after such a long time. Yes, sometimes, things happen and then, it is just almost Xmas again ;-) I love the cushion you created for your son, and all your other pieces also (fantastic as usual).

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.