Saturday 7 February 2015

WOIW: Enchanting

This week's inspirational word in the Kraafters Kommunity on Google + is ENCHANTING. I was thinking about this word while I was on my early morning walk the other day. It was a chilly morning with frost on the ground but it was also gloriously sunny. The frost particles sparkled and twinkled all around me as they reflected the sun's rays. They reminded me of the millions of stars in the universe and how every tiny detail here on earth is part of a much bigger picture.

I used I quote by W.B.Yeats to express my sense of wonder: "The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper".  My page depicts space with its planets and stars, which never fail to enchant me.

I started out with a layer of gesso and on top of that a thin layer of Liqutex Basics acrylics in Quinacridone Magenta. Using one of my texture stamps, I stamped tiny dots with archival ink. This is what my initial page looked like.




I painted a layer of Dioxazine Purple and Indigo Blue on top of this, removing the paint in places with a piece of paper towel. This is what I ended up with:


I printed some images of planets from the Internet in varying sizes and stuck them on my page with gel medium. I shaded around them with white oil pastels, creating a halo type effect.


Finally, I stuck down my text strips in a helter-skelter fashion, shading them the same way and added tiny dots of Stickles reminiscent of the stars in the universe. This is my final page:








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.