Friday 20 February 2015

LifeBook Bonus: Tree of Life

Tamara Laporte released a free bonus lesson this week originally part of LifeBook 2014. This lesson is accessible to everyone who registers on her Ning site. You can find it here.

It took me quite a while to complete this project and I almost abandoned it several times. In the end I decided to keep it as it is part of my artistic journey. There are a few things I don't like about it, but also a few things that I like. On the negative side, I got the tree wrong - it looks more like an arch or some sort of gateway. I actually named it Stargate instead of Tree of Life. I have to practice drawing the eyes a bit more and work on facial symmetry, but I do like how her nose and lips turned out. I also like the colours, so in the end I decided to keep it. I don't have the time or the patience to recreate is, but the main thing is that we learn from our mistakes and just carry on. I actually enjoyed working on this piece and that's what really counts!

I followed Tam's process almost to the letter, so I won't bore you with the details. She's got a great time lapse video on her site if you want to check out the link above. I'll just show you my photos below:













No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.