Thursday 12 February 2015

LifeBook Week07: My heArt community

Week 07 of LifeBook included two bonus projects. The first one was the Magic Cottage, which I shared earlier and this second one is 'My heArt Community' demonstrated by Jill Berry.  I deviated from the lesson by creating a journal page instead of the 3D figures in Jill's lesson, but I used the same sentiment and the same paper tearing/piecing technique as the original lesson.

The simple figures represent my sharing communities on the Internet: the two G+ communities I frequently visit (the Kraafters Kommunity and Mixed Media Sharing Community), the Facebook sharing groups I belong to and a blog hopping community called WOYWW. These four communities pretty much keep me occupied full time and I'm so grateful for all the love, inspiration and sharing that takes place in these art circles. I love you guys (and by that I mean girls)!

I started my page with a collage of book papers, napkins and pieces of washi tape. I added some Neocolor II water-soluble crayons followed by some white acrylic paint applied with a brayer. I then added some of the colour back using the same three crayons: cobalt blue, malachite green and ocre. The photos below show the development of my background:

Initial collage

Neocolor II crayons added and activated with water

White acrylic paint added with a brayer

More Neocolor II's added 
Next, I stuck down my elements: torn paper pieces to make the four figures and some triangles for bunting. I roughly outlined these with a black marker. I used texture paste for the word 'gratitude' from a stencil gifted to me by one of my blogging friends I met in the aforementioned communities. (Thanks Shel, I love it!) Similarly, I used another stencil with the tiny dots to make a border. Finally, I added some words with small alphabet stamps and shaded my elements with a black water-soluble pencil.

You can see my final page below, including some close-up photos. It's a simple little page, but came straight from my heArt!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.