Tuesday 5 January 2016

Journal Page: No obligation

I wasn't sure whether I was going to share this page, but Carolyn Dube's new January Challenge "Use something that would have been thrown away" prompted me to do so. Not only because I used some unfranked stamps that came on a package, which I normally would have thrown away, but also because my sentiment ties in with her message of playing just for the sake of it.

Nothing blocks my creativity more than obligation. When I feel obliged to do something, it becomes a task, a chore, something that has to be done and perfectly as well. Where's the fun in that? I need to feel free and without obligation to create. The inspiration has to come from deep within, not from a deadline or a sense of obligation to honour a commitment. This is why I rarely take part in swaps or create gifts and cards for special occasions, though sometimes I do and for the most part I enjoy them. However, sometimes I feel my creative spirit is suffocated by a sense of obligation, real or perceived.

This is what my page is about. It was not planned, it wasn't even meant to be shown, but here it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.