Wednesday 26 December 2018

WOYWW #499: Advent Journal (Part 3)

I'm a bit late joining WOYWW today as I slept in - after all it's Boxing Day! I walked up the field behind our house with coffee in hand first thing this morning - it was one of those perfect moments when everything is right with the world! (There's a page in my advent journal inspired by those perfect moments, coming up further down.)

I couldn't quite finish my advent journal by Christmas Day - but I'm not far off. It's fine - it's not a race against time - I'll finish it when I get there. The photo of my desk was taken yesterday - have you spotted my Christmas present? It's a Sidekick! I figured I use so many tiny dies, it would be good to have a die-cutting machine sitting on my desk so I don't have to keep getting up. Plus, it's good to have a back-up if something happens to my Big Shot.


Here's a close-up of the background I was working on, after I distressed it with some gesso. I'm thinking of making a journal full of these weathered backgrounds as I enjoy them so much!


I managed to complete 5 spreads in my advent journal last week (December 15-December 19) - 5 more to go! My pages are loosely based on Kasia's Advent Calendar prompts - sometimes I had to bend them a little to fit my style of journalling. The main thing is that this project got me back into creating, for which I'm very thankful!

Kindness/Forgiveness
Your chosen colours

Christmas in your home

Priceless presents

Being grateful
I got this tiny deck of cards in my Christmas Cracker yesterday - it will be perfect for my projects!


Hope everyone's having a wonderful Christmas. Here are a few snapshots of ours.

Playmobil Advent Calendar (you're never too old for these!)


Oreo sitting on his Christmas present - a toy fish filled with catnip - he goes crazy for it!


Happy Boxing Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.