Wednesday 2 January 2019

WOYWW #500!!!: Completed Advent Journal (Part 4)

Well, the time has come! A brand new year and #500 of the weekly blog fest What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, commonly known as WOYWW. To coincide with this milestone, I managed to complete my Advent Journal - a little later than anticipated, but I'm quite pleased that I was able to create 24 spreads over the holiday period.

Here's a photo of my desk working on one of the last pages with a special visitor present. My desk is an absolute tip and I was going to tidy it up in honour of the new year, but it never happened. I might do it later today. Then again, knowing myself, I might not.


Here are the remaining pages in order of appearance in the journal with the corresponding prompts. 

Christmas Baubles (I used the mini cards from my Christmas cracker to represent my family!)

What makes a house a home

Christmas memories (I recycled a Christmas page from an old journal)

A telephone call

Christmas wishes
I also made a spread for the inside cover with a photo of our holiday decorations to remind me of this year's Christmas atmosphere.  


I decorated the cover with some ribbon and added a bookplate to complete the look. I had to expand the spine so that the journal can be closed flat. There are plenty of videos on YT to show you how to do this - you just need some book binding tape. 




If you missed the previous posts about my advent journal, they can all be found under the 'advent' tag HERE. I've also made a quick video flipthrough: 


I'll leave you with another photo of Oreo. We were playing the Sherlock Holmes game on New Year's Eve and it didn't take long for Oreo to discover that he fits perfectly in the box! He slept there for a few hours - in fact he's in it again right now - so it must be more comfortable than it looks!


I wish everyone a very happy 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.