Wednesday 5 December 2018

WOYWW #496: Book of Dreams (Part 2)

Well, I can't believe it's been a month since my last post. I've been too busy with work and life but I did make a special effort over the weekend to finish off my Book of Dreams. I woke myself up two hours earlier today, just so I can write this post for WOYWW before I set off to work.

So, here is Part Two - I shared Part One previously HERE. I took my desk shot on Monday morning - it shows the aftermath of my session as I forgot to take a photo during the proceedings.


I started out by trying to remember how I did the background on the other side of my recycled packaging so they would match. It's a combination of acrylic ink and some brayered on gesso for a distressed look: 


Then I realised that the flaps were in the wrong place and the design on the flip side would be upside down, so I ruthlessly cut them off and re-attached them with some washi tape the right way around, like so:


Here's the decorated layout:


some closeups:






and the finished journal, simply tied up with some waxed thread:



And for a bonus desk shot (since I missed 3 weeks in a row!) here's a preview of what I'm working on right now:


It's Kasia's free Advent Calendar course, which started on Saturday. It's daily inspiration and prompts during the run up to Christmas -  just what I needed to get back in the game! I'll share more about this project later. 

We're very much in the Christmas spirit now. We've had the tree up for weeks and bought this cute little Santa too. I half expect him to waddle across the room and who knows what he's up to when we're not looking!


I hope to be a better WOYWW-er and take part more frequently. Hopefully, I'll have more time over the holidays. I may not be able to visit until the weekend, but I promise to get around to everyone who leaves a comment! Happy WOYWW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.