Wednesday 16 May 2018

WOYWW #467: Altered paint brush

Only one week to go 'till the 9th WOYWW anniversary and ATC swap! I'm definitely feeling the buzz - do you? I've got my ATCs finished and ready to go. See, I can get my act together if I put my mind to it!

I've been quite busy in my craft room as well. This desk shot was taken on Friday when I did some midnight arting - something I hadn't done in ages! I've since posted this project - if anyone wants to see how it turned out, you can find it here. I love it when Oreo just sits there and watches.


However, today I'm going to show you something else: an altered paint brush! When I saw this blog post by Finnabair, I immediately knew I had to try it and I had the perfect brush for it as well. You might recognize those wings from an earlier post. I used diamond glaze to stick down my elements, followed by black gesso and metallic paints. I was quite impressed by the results and how easily it all came together:







I will also give you a sneak peek at my ATCs - just to prove that I have done them. Perhaps a side view of the stack is not too much of a spoiler.  



And here's a photo of my underpaper to show the colours I used. I sometimes get more excited about the underpaper than the actual projects! (not to say that I'm not excited about the ATCs - I am!) 


Happy Wednesday!
I'm free to visit today so I'll be around shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.