Saturday 26 May 2018

Tim Holtz-style Tiny House

I've been eyeing the tiny houses on Pinterest made with the Tim Holtz Sizzix die for a while now and I really wanted to make one, but I couldn't get myself to shell out ££ for something that I would probably only use a handful of times. These tiny houses are actually quite simple to cut by hand, which is what I ended up doing using cardboard from recycled packaging. Can you tell the difference?


I used Kroma crackle medium for the walls and a piece of punchinella to texture the roof with heavy-weight gesso, as I ran out of texture paste. I find the Kroma frustratingly long to dry, but otherwise it produces nice crackles. I need to find a crackle medium that does the same job but dries much quicker. Let me know if you have any suggestions! I decorated all sides with die-cuts, a printed image and some words cut from a book. I did not look for any specific text - I just used whatever I stumbled upon! I believe in serendipity! Here are some more photos of my first tiny house:





 

This was a fun and easy project to make - I will definitely make more of these tiny houses when I get around to it - they look their best when they are in a group. Happy long weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.