Wednesday 22 February 2017

WOYWW #403: Mini buckets, tapes and snowdrops

It's Wednesday again, so time for a quick round of WOYWW. There's not much on my desk at the moment artwise, but don't worry, there's still plenty of clutter I can show you. I've been slacking this past week because of the school holidays and I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. Here's my desk this morning - it's not very interesting, I'm afraid.


That's the altered book I'm using for Wanderlust. I've just gessoed the back of my new page to make it lie flat for the photos. I find this helps a lot. On the right is a butterfly book that Tam recommended for collage purposes. I picked this up for just 1p on Amazon, plus postage, obviously. Other than that, there are a few cheap purchases from The Works. I first saw those spotty tapes on Christine's blog, I think, and went looking for them. £2 for 10 tapes is pretty good value! Those mini buckets came from The Works too, waiting to be altered. Here's a closer look at them:


I finished the page I showed you last week, but I haven't blogged it yet. All I can show you at the moment is the additional layers on the background. Remember the one I didn't want to ruin? Well, I did just that! Not "ruin" it exactly, but managed to obliterate most of it. This is what it looked like at stage two. After this I found it much easier to progress and will post the finished spread later this week.


I've got no pictures of Oreo this week, but I do have a photo to show you that I took while we were on a day trip to Burford, Oxfordshire. Not much to see there, other than a pretty church and some quaint buildings. Next time we'll try to make it to Oxford, which should be more exciting! I took this photo in the church yard. I don't think I'd ever seen this many snowdrops in one place before!


Before I go, I just want to give UK folks a heads-up about a great offer I came across yesterday. It's £15 off £29 spend at GreatArt with the code AMAZING. This includes free delivery and a free gift as well! I ordered some EcoLine liquid watercolours, which I'd coveted for a while now. I carefully stayed around the £30 range, so it's practically half price! Enjoy and please don't blame me for any unexpected expenditure! This offer runs until the end of March. One order per customer only. (I'm not affiliated with this company, by the way - I'm just spreading the good news!)

Happy WOYWW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.