Friday 3 February 2017

LifeBook Week05: Abstract painting and doodling

Week 05 of LifeBook brought us a fun lesson by Wendy Brightbill. I've found it very freeing and relaxing. This was a true "mixed media" project, as it contained all sorts of media from watercolours, inks and paints to all sorts of pens, pencils and crayons. The challenge was to paint your intentions this year. I included my word 'evolve' (see if you can spot it!) along with my symbol of the circles and triangles. This page has really evolved on its own accord and I got completely lost in my thoughts while working on it. It was a very meditative and intuitive process.









I liked this process so much, I'm thinking of doing another version with different colours and perhaps some metallics added. I like how we are exposed to completely different styles and ideas in these lessons to inspire us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.