Wednesday 28 September 2022

WOYWW #695: September Round-up

Here I am again with my end of the month recap! September has flown by at supersonic speeds! I've flittered like crazy from one media to the other this month: from watercolours to stitching and even rock painting, though I haven't got very far with that one yet. As soon as I'd collected the stones, I moved on to something else! Perhaps my desk shot will give you an idea:


Centre stage is a card/scrapbook for my son's 18th birthday. Yep, he's officially an adult now - crazy, I know! It is New York themed with some of the photos he took while he was there and a few others I nicked from the internet. (It's allowed for personal projects, isn't it?) That's a printout of a digital collage on fabric on the cover and I'll show you the inside pages as well - all mounted on recycled cardboard backing from my watercolour pads, with a couple of waterfalls inside for the photos: 


Rather than copying my project shots off  Instagram like I normally do, here's a little group photo of some of them just to speed things up: 



(1) Watercolour swatching in a Moleskine journal that I've had for years sitting unused in fear of 'ruining' it! 
(2) Slow stitching pieces - my new passion! You know I'm not good with perfect straight lines, but I can sure do messy and organic! These were my first attempts on dyed and rusted fabric. I want to incorporate this practice in my mixed media work.
(3) The completed Ugly Art Club Five-minute Challenge journal - a quick flip-through below: 


I've also been buying textile art books and extended my already quite extensive library with these titles - I love them all! Nothing makes me happier than sitting with these books and a cup of tea!


So that's it in a nutshell. 
Sadly, I won't be able to go to the Crop on Saturday as we've started visiting universities, but I'm looking forward to seeing all your photos! xx

Happy WOYWW #695!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Zsusza, great to coincide on your posting week! That desk looks amazingly creative and good job on the scrapbook. Yeah I think the odd lift is acceptable for your own projects (I need a wink wink emoji here). Do love a good artbook as well, though sometimes they depress me as much as inspire me! Have a good week, Love n hugs Cindy xx #14 (You will be missed!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zsusza, great collection of books. I often wonder when I see the title Quilting whether they mean quilting or Quilt making, it can be confusing and often disappointing. I did my dissertation on Quilting and Quilt making is only a tiny part of what Quilting is all about but seems to have taken over the label. The history of Quilting is fascinating. I cannot believe that your son is 18 yrs, where has the time gone! I love the idea of the Watercolour swatching, I have plenty of books that I could use for that! naughty me. I think I collect more sketchbooks than I have ever used. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting me earlier and for your lovely comments. I've managed a busy sewing day today and thankfully my mouth isn't quite so swollen although it's still rather sore. I'm on top of my sewing demands now so just got to start cooking/baking ready for the crop around my dentist appointment in the morning. I will get there :-)
    Fab artwork on show this week.
    Sorry we wont see you at the crop.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Zsuzsa such an amazing set of projects I don't know which one to swoon over first. Loving the 18th birthday project in particular. Good luck with the university visits (I can really recommend Keele). Meow to Oreo too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zsuzsa. You have been busy creating all sorts! Well done. Enjoy the university open days - my family have been doing the same with one of my grandchildren - they are a fantastic way of finding out a bit more about the place and their courses.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to see a post from you and all your marvellous projects. Shame you won't be at the crop, let's hope there's another one soon that you can! Take care, happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work as always Zsuzsa. I love the American project for your son, what a wonderful keepsake. Your textile work is looking gorgeous - I love the colours you use and I'm a great fan of slow stitching - I think because I'm quite lazy at getting the sewing machine out! Enjoy your university travels this weekend, what exciting times for your son.
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess who is disappointed not to be seeing you on Saturday. Not to worry
    uni visits are far more important. Love what you have done for your son (can't get over he is 18 now) he will love it, lucky to have such a creative mum.
    Slow stitching is new to me. Must investigate.
    The Ugly Challenge I understand because a friend of mine does it.
    Enjoy your trip out on Saturday.
    Hugs
    Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your messy desk and your stitchy books - I own a few of those and the library has some of them I borrow on the regular. Enjoy your new explorations in that area. You get so much done. I must admit as I post less regularly now I feel less of a need to post! I might end up doing a monthly summary next year. Enjoy your Autumn xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s me, flitting from one subject to another. I think I will take a photograph of your books and see if I can find some of them at the library. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your visit earlier
    What a superb project, and how exciting to search for a uni. I remember when my eldest granddaughter was looking for hers.... Such interesting architectures, new, old. Enjoy the search.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh such gorgeous pieces of work - love the textures and colours. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've had a much busier and far more productive month than I, Zsuzsa! Love the industry you show and the branching into new a fun areas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous pieces of work, Zsuzsa! It seems incredible that your son is already 18! Time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to see your recap even if I mostly have seen them on The Gram (like the kids say - or do they still? Who knows!? LOL!)I missed the crop too, life just has a way of getting in the way, doesn't it? Case in point, how late am I? Enjoy your new tangent...
    Happy WOYWW, catching up!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.