Wednesday 31 August 2022

WOYWW #691: August Round-Up

Today is the last day of the meteorological summer! How on earth did that happen so fast? I won't miss that intense heat though and we might still have a nice quiet Indian summer to look forward to if we're lucky. Today's also my last chance to recap the month of August here on my blog and join WOYWW for my monthly check-in. I've been quite busy with numerous challenges on Instagram, which keep my art-making motivated and focused. But first off, a picture of my desk - it's a total tip - probably the worst it's ever been. I've been planning to tidy up for weeks and never got around to it. I will - one day when I feel like it! (and yes, I'm ashamed of it - I'm just trying to desk-shame myself into taking action)


Let's go backwards and start with that little journal in the middle of my desk. That's a spread I completed for the recurring Ugly Art Challenge #tuac5minchallenge. This challenge gives you five minutes to create a piece of art - this time we had some prompts as well in the form of tabs, which I added to my journal pages. I created this shabby little journal especially for the 15 prompts of the challenge. I won't post all of the pages here, just a few to give you an idea and we still have a few more days to go:




Before this (in-between challenges) I had some free play in a notebook journal (I keep starting new journals LOL!) I have several on the go simultaneously! 



And then there was the weekly Mixed Media Scavenger Hunt #seekgathercreate, where we had to gather 5 things to fit the prompts to create a piece of art. It's so fun! Here are just two of the examples. 


What else? Oh yeah, There was also the reelsforartistschallenge run by Roben-Marie Smith. I've created several reels inspired by this challenge. I think this was my favourite, though not the most successful in terms of likes and views - you can see all of my reels HERE


I'm also sharing my "completed" ecodyed journal from last month for the #flowersmagicchallenge. I don't think it will ever be truly completed - I can go on sticking random bits in it for ever and I still have that sidekick journal to fill (a journal within the journal)! 

That's it folks! A busy month for me in August - I'm actually off work this week, just taking it easy before the mad rush back to school next week. Early mornings again when I got so used to sleeping in until 9.00 - 9.30 on my days off - I have a lot of sleep to catch up on since January as you know! Such a relief that I can sleep again!

Sending you all hugs! I'm not sure yet if I can make it to the crop in October - but I'll try! xx

15 comments:

  1. Good to see you Zsuzsa - you have been busy as always with lots of lovely projects. The journal is fabulous - finished or not. Meow to Oreo and good luck with the back to school next week. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s not ugly art at all, it still has your stamp all over it! I could tell it was your work a mile off, you have such an amazing style. I’m glad you’re enjoying crafting and the holidays too, good luck with returning to work/school!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your messy work desk! Mine is often like this and I only tidy when I cease to function (or there is no pushback space left). So lovely to see your little pieces of art, really should check out your insta more often. Have a good MONTH - see you in September for sure! Love n hugs, Cindyxx @16

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zsuzsa. I feel quite faint - look at everything you have done and the challenges you have achieved this month!!! Brilliant. I'm really not surprised you feel your desk is messy and untidy - mine certainly would be after all that activity.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you Zsuzsa. My you have been busy! Some great projects going on. I didn’t end up doing the Flowerchallenge. I thought I would look into eco dying now I am back home though. Happy WOYWW. Angela #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab pages there Zsuzsa - such a great style you have and so cleverly put together. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to your monthly roundups! loved the flip through journal - beautiful! I do hope you can make it to the crop, would be great to catch up again. Take care and happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoyed your reel, but have not had time to see the video underneath so am saving that for another day. Will be back.
    Love looking at your journals and you certainly have a few on the go - I have several started but only two are being used, I just forget about the others. Old age I guess!
    Take care and will we see you at the Crop?
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful artwork Zsuzsa. I'm with you the summer does seem to have gone quickly but I wont miss that heat. I really hope you manage the crop this will be my first time and I can't wait to meet everyone. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting journals Zsuzsa. 5 minutes? I’d still be looking for stuff at the end of that time 🤣.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The five minutes is only a guideline, really - I think most of us go over - and, yes, I factor in the time looking for stuff LOL! I think the lesson here is just to go with what you have at hand, whatever it happens to be!

      Delete
  11. I love your journals Zsuzsa! I loved watching the flip through, though if I were doing it in person I would be savouring every page! I'm doing Fodder School now, so don't want to add any more challenges, but I want to look up all the challenges you are doing! In regard to lobsters, they are still expensive, even in Nova Scotia. Lobsters used to be the poor man's meat long ago, until people figured out how delicious it was, and now the poor can't eat it anymore unless they catch it themselves :-( . Crazy. We splurged on the lobster. Have a great week, thanks for your visit, Lindart #22

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adored seeing your flip through. So much gorgeousness and a lovely combination of art and pages you've left in their eco-dyed beauty. I can't wait to get back to mine - I jump around projects so much! I am sort of feeling like I want to leave mine for a bit for some spring flower additions. I have more school holidays coming in October so we'll see how we go xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just blown away with your totally inspired artwork, love it all. So wish I was inspired to do the same. Life seems to be getting in the way these days although the cooler temperatures are definitely helping a bit. Sorry I'm so late, life has been ridiculous this week. BJ#8

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Zsuzsa, I don't know why I haven't seen your post before. Your projects are all beautiful, I especially like the video with the ecodyed journal. Thank you for this interesting round-up! Hope you and your family are all right.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.