Wednesday 18 September 2019

WOYWW #537: A blue box and a quick journal page

Here we go again! Did I really miss a week of WOYWW? #537 tells me I must have skipped a week! Oh, I remember now - I had this box ready to show you, but somehow I ran out of time posting it. So this week, I have two projects to share. First, the box, which doubles up as my desk shot:


I remember buying this box some time ago - actually, my son made me buy it to keep his pirate treasures in it, but it somehow fell out of favour over the years. I found it unloved and buried at the bottom of his wardrobe, so I reclaimed it and decided to cheer it up a bit - with what else then blue paint? He pointed out that I always make everything blue - guilty as charged - I just love blue, I can't help it!



My second project was a quick journal page I made yesterday. I started it before leaving for work in the morning and finished it when I got home. I probably didn't spend more than 30 minutes on it in total. It was inspired by a warm up activity on the LifeBook Creativity and Well-Being Summit. It looks nothing like the example project, but comes from the idea to just flip your journal to a page that calls to you and use whatever supplies appeal to you at the time - so I just went with whatever was on my desk without thinking much. The sentiment was cut from book paper and it was the very first phrase that caught my eye - I'm always amazed at the serendipity of it all! And of course, it had to be blue! 





I took this candid shot of my husband with his new beard repairing the conservatory roof the other day. After someone at work remarked that he resembled George Clooney (LOL!), he decided to keep the beard. Here, he looks more like Tom Hanks in Castaway building his raft before he lost the weight! 


We've had a few spectacular sunsets again - funny how I was worried about losing the sunsets when we moved from Gloucestershire but we even got better ones here! I realise they all look the same after a while but that will not stop me from taking countless photos every time! 



That's all folks - two in one this week. Next week, I'll be back with my son's birthday card, which I can't wait to give him on Saturday. Happy WOYWW! xx

17 comments:

  1. Hi Zsuzsa, love what you did with the chest. Great journal page too, and how appropriate the phrase that caught your eye. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chest turned out beautifully! Blue just works for it! The journal page is lovely as well...more blue!
    Glenda #13

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box is fab and so are the sunset pics. I take loads too but at this time of year there are buildings in the way and it spoils the look somewhat. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects, Zsuzsa, in your favourite colour scheme! The pirate's chest is great - I love what you have done with it. You'd better watch out, your son might want it back again now! Great hubby pic too, and spectacular sunsets. We don't really get them here. In our old house we had fabulous sunrises, if I could get out of bed early enough to watch them!

    Thank you for your visit and I'm so glad you enjoyed reading about how my hubby and I met. Do you remember a while back I posted about how I found a book on the village fete bric-a-brac stall, and it turned out to be the one I'd lost? It was when I flipped through the pages and a card fell out that I knew it really was my book - the card said - yes, you've guessed it, "Glad it's a girl"!!! Lol! I am going to persevere with the teabag bleaching - I know I can make it work eventually. It's just trial and error. I hate being beaten by such things!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. The box is fabulous and the colour suits if perfectly - you always do blue beautifully. I love the journal pages too, especially the splash of red (I always home in on fiery colours!). Talking of fiery colours the sunset pics are spectacular.
    Have a great week,
    Hugs, Diana x #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zsuzsa, love what you've done with the chest. It looks fabulous and definitely not neglected now. And don't we all have a favourite colour - your's is blue, mine is green. Chuckled at your description of your hubby - after the George Clooney compliment, it's your job to keep him grounded :) Lovely pics of the night sky too. Have a wonderful week. Elizabeth x #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do the most amazing makeovers, especially of boxes and this one is super duper. Love everything about it. I too love teal, isn't it a gorgeous colour.
    Great journal page too - I would not end up with something like that in two hours.
    Love our sunset pictures. I was once returning from a workshop around Swindon on the way to Wales (to my friends) and the whole sky was red. I have never seen a sunset like it. Unfortunately by the time she stopped the car for me to take a photo it had started to fade. But the memory stays.
    Thanks for your lovely comment
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That chest is brilliant - and you keep on doing everything in blue, no complaints from me, it's my favourite colour as well!! The pic of your hubby made me laugh, he does suit a beard actually, not all men do. Gorgeous sunset pics, they really have been spectacular this week.
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zsusza. Loving your little box, it's a great shape but lets hope somebody doesn't decide he wants it back. I love a man with a beard which is just as well as I can't remember my husband without one except the time he shaved it off for charity at the school where he used to work, he filled the assembly hall with pupils. Children often used to amaze me that they would even be interesting in watching him shave it off yet they paid to sit there cheering him on. You mentioned about the data storage, I do have a lot of photographs all in original size so I've reduced them and now have full storage space back. I checked the emails and Drive but it wasn't really using much space so I'm guessing that most of it was taken up by the photographs on my blog remembering that I have been blogging since about 2013/14 so there are a lot of pics on there. Just something to watch out for. Have a lovely crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your box, such a beautiful blue! Great sunset pics as well. Happy WOYWW Cindy #16

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chest is fantastic, Zsuzsa! This blue is definitely the most beautiful colour! I like your page too. And love your sunset pictures. We have wonderful sunsets here as well, generally in autumn and spring, I wonder why there are not the same everywhere (maybe the sea or some other elements have an influence?)... Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous chest - always loving the blue/turquoise shades. Free classes are always worth the sign up - even if you only get one lesson that you love. Lucky the summit lasts over the first weekend of hols so I do stand a chance of doing something....maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chest, and of course it had to be blue! Great journal page too. Amazing how quickly things come together sometimes. Happy birthday to your son Zsuzsa, meow to Oreo and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm running late with my visits today as I had a creative day yesterday making Christmas tree decorations!....a bit early for me but needs must when you get orders.
    It's so much easier to work with your favourite colours and, like you, blue is one of my favs. I love the box.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #15

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh Zsuzsa , and blue, they even rhyme!
    Well.l. in my head they do anyways! 😆 love the journal page and dragon flies are definitely favourite things well done.. yes stunning skyscapes, who’d get tired of God’s art work?.. it’s akin to saying you get tired of walking along the beach... never!
    Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #20

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely lovely box make-over, and you stick with blue wherever you like...it’s always gorgeous! I love the journal page made from stuff on your desk and not too stressed over - works so much better that way doesn’t it. Even 30 minutes of creativity on the hoof is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning dear friend!
    I just love reading your posts! They are always filled with happiness from your heart, I can just feel it Susan!
    I laughed when I read what Mike said about you and blue! heehee
    It is a bluetiful color to love for sure(lol sorry just had to!)
    Anyway, your hub does look a wee bit like George! lol and that is a great shot of him and those sunsets are just amazing!!!
    I'll be by some more over the next few days,sending love & hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.