Wednesday 8 March 2017

WOYWW #405: Faux leather and stamp storage system

I wasn't sure if I was going to take part in this week's WOYWW as there's absolutely nothing on my desk at the moment.  With the house on the market, we have to keep it tidy and clean for viewings so I haven't been able to do much lately. Plus I hid my stuff from view all over the place and I can't remember where I put things!  I fell behind with my classes as well. (sad face)

Then I remembered that I had made a piece of faux leather last week right after visiting Annie Claxton's blog. You know that feeling when you have to try something immediately, just to see how it works? It's almost like a burning desire - I just had to try this! Luckily, I had all the ingredients available: TPR (toilet paper roll), moisturizing cream (in lieu of liquid glycerine) and a range of distress ink pads. See the exact instructions on Annie's post here. This is what mine looks like, front and back without any embossing:



It got torn in the process, but it doesn't bother me, What a great technique and it looks remarkably like real leather! 

Instead of my desk today, I'll show you my state-of-the-art, patented stamp storage system (S.S.S.) -tada!


Yep, it's a plastic box where I dump all my stamps. Some of them are still in their original packaging, others just hang loose. And I never clean them (unless I use them with acrylic paints, of course). Most of them are background/texture stamps so they don't need to be pristine and I usually just grab one at random. So that's my dirty little secret out in the open.

Just to make this ad-hoc post complete, here's a video I shot of Oreo drinking out of the kitchen tap. We left it dripping on purpose, but when it's not dripping, we saw him suck it - seriously! Now I have to disinfect the tap every day. And for the record, he has TWO bowls of fresh drinking water available at all times! 


Thanks for visiting today. 
Happy #405!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.