Wednesday 29 December 2021

WOYWW #656: Last pages in my Advent Journal 2021 and more ugly art

The last WOYWW of 2021! Christmas is pretty much done and dusted. The days are short and going fast, especially when you sleep until 10 am, like I do. I enjoy not having to get up early and dreading the return back to drudgery in January! But we're not quite there yet! Here's a shot of my desk with all my Christmas pressies staged:

Some Tim Holtz stamps and stencils (I've been wanting the Stamp Collector set for absolute ages, how did Santa know?), some mini Archivals just for using with those stamps and a very nice book that I accidentally stumbled upon. 

Also on my desk is a stack of  "ugly arts" - more about those later - but first the last three pages in my Advent Journal: 



The last page is my word for 2022: freedom. I'm looking for my creative freedom where I don't have to fuss about small details, just play and enjoy the process. I've come a long way, but I'm still not quite there yet. 

The Ugly Art Club's 5-minute challenge helps me achieve this freedom, though I must say I still spent way more than 5 minutes on some of these pieces, sometimes overworking them unnecessarily.







The Ugly Art challenge runs for only another 5 days, but fear not, there's a brand new challenge on the horizon #happyyouin22 which runs throughout January. I'm planning to take part, even though I told myself  that I wouldn't! How could I resist? These challenges give me such a creative boost and I get so much inspiration from others. 

Hope you all had a good Christmas and got lots of pressies from Santa. Here he is delivering ours a few minutes past midnight! 

Wishing every one a happy, healthy and creative 2022! 


14 comments:

  1. Ugly Art? Well, that’s wrong for a start because they’re amazing as are the pages of your Advent journal (I particularly love the purple page with the angel, that spoke to me, it really did!) I’m glad you had a lovely Christmas, so did we, I couldn’t have been happier.
    Lots o love dear gal and I’d like to wish you a happy and healthy New Year, we deserve it!!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see any ugly art.... your Advent pages are all gorgeous too. I hope you enjoy your new challenge - I should find something too, but once I get back to work I don't make much time for crafting in the evenings. Hope you have a very Happy New Year and may 2022 be a good one for all of us - at last! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking Santa! No there is nothing ugly here that I can see. Well done with the final pages too. Pleased you had a good Christmas. Happy crafty woyww and hoping for a better New Year. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zsuzsa, glad you got some lovely presents from Santa. Your journal pages are anything but ugly - I've a long way to go with my journal lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I hadn't realised it was 6 months, until I was writing my post! ATCs are so long ago. My mixed media attempts will only be beginner things- I am no way up to the standards of you other crafters, but I have to start somewhere. I am looking forward to the new job - a fresh challenge for me. Have a lovely new year, hugs Heather xx #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you lilac page for 22nd Dec and no idea why the challenge is called ugly as nothing you do is! Far from is entirely. Super goodies too. Happy New Year BJ#17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I think overworking stuff is v common, part of the freedom you seek is the skill of knowing when to stop. Rare, that. I took a ‘drawing and painting for beginners’ class when my daughter was a few months old and the teacher used to stamp his feet at me for not being able to tell when I’d finished! Still can’t which is why I tend to stay away from mixed media! Well, I’m already looking forward to your a January pieces, so glad you found the challenge irresistible! Love for a Happy New Yearxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those ugly art pages are just the sort of thing I need to work on if I am going to do a 5 minute a day challenge in 2022 Zsuzsa - thanks for the inspiration. Those stamp stamps are fab - I will have to look them up. Meow to Oreo. Here's to a better 2022. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the ugly art pages, great fun. Enjoy those new pressies too, But most of all "HAPPY NEW YEAR" 2022 to you and yours. It can only get better !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see no pieces of ugly art, and love that fact that a five-minute play time could create such lusciousness. Your journal pages, too, are a delight. Wishing you a wonderful 2022, my oh-so-creative friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2022 Zsuzsa. I love your word and can't wait to see where our creative journeys take us. I really value our friendship across the miles. Take care and stay warm xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugly Art - where??? Lovely pages. Wishing you a very happy, healthy and a creative
    2022. Anne x 18

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Zsuzsa, I love your pages and your "ugly art" that is not ugly at all! I wish you a very happy new year 2022 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing ugly about art and especially not yours Zsuzsa, it's beautiful and expressive and created by your very hands.. I hope your word for 2022 will give you the freedom to see just that, you are amazing my friend.
    All stunning each piece with it's own individuality. May 2022 bring you and the family good health and happiness with time for much creativity.
    Stay safe my friend Happy New Year Hugs Tracey xx
    P.S How charming is Santa, glad he brought you the stamp collector set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pages and the prompts for the new challenge look good. I do find challenges keep you going. Wishing you a happy New Year Angela #15

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.