Sunday 17 January 2016

Inspiration Wednesday: Create, Explore, Believe

This year I decided to take part in Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday series. It is a 12-month course with lessons every two weeks. I have long admired Donna's style and now I hope I will be able to pick up a  few good tips to develop mine. Donna also has a Facebook group, which is open to everyone, regardless whether you subscribed to her class or not. It's a great platform for inspiration.

I decided to work in a 12" by 12" inexpensive spiral-bound scrapbook that has kraft paper pages. I gesso both sides of each sheet to prepare the surface for wet media. I work in the journal sideways, so I can pop it up like an easel. This is great for doing drippage and it also makes it easy to display my work.

Here's my page based on Donna's first 2016 video released earlier this month. I had to buy raw umber paint especially for this project as I didn't have any. I never cared much for this "ugly" dark brown colour, but having seen what Donna achieved with it, I now absolutely love it! I also used Golden's Teal and Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold fluid acrylics as well as Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste. The stenciling was done with stencils that I cut on my Cameo. I downloaded the Egyptian eagle image from the internet and converted it into a cut file.

This page signifies my artistic goals for 2016: I want to explore new techniques and create to my heart's content, believing in myself as an artist along the way. The number 116 is a raffle ticket and stands for the date January 2016.












Thanks for visiting! I'll visit everyone who leaves a comment below linking to your blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.