Wednesday 29 November 2023

WOYWW #756: November Round-Up

Hello Deskers - is it really the end of November already? It's time for my monthly round up of various projects. I haven't been as productive as in October, but I still managed to keep myself busy. I'll cut to the chase and show you what I have been working on this past month:

The November project in Roben-Marie Smith's membership programme was a patchwork collage that we turned into little notebooks. I really enjoyed working on these and they're very useful as well for taking notes. I use them to take notes while watching video tutorials.  Here are a few of them:

I scanned the collage sheet before turning it into book covers, so I can still use bits of it in other projects. Even the back looked pretty cool, although I had no control over the outcome. Here's an example of front and back:



I printed some of my scans and the colours turned out quite a bit different, but I don't mind. Here's a comparison:


Inspired by someone in the Roben's Nest FB group, I played with alcohol inks on sellotape and ended up with these strips that I can use like washi tapes:


Talking of washi tapes - I've filled my advent calendar that I made a few years ago with washi tapes from Amazon without looking at them, so I don't know what's in each drawer. I can't wait to start opening them later this week! I've also got a crystal advent calendar which will add to the excitement! 


I'm thinking of doing Care December - it is still available to sign up if anyone's interested. The theme this year will be the colour blue - which happens to be my favourite colour. I've already prepped an old book cover and of course, it's blue - like most of my previous ones! I altered it with some gilding wax. I chose Kasia's simple ribbon binding method, which allows for the signatures to be removed, kind of like a traveller's journal. This is useful if you want to do some stitching on the pages. Here are a couple of photos: 



I'll finish with this picture of Oreo - he's been noticeably more needy and clingy since my son started university in Bristol - I think he misses his best friend, but not to worry, they see each other every weekend! 



That's it for now - hope you all have a good Christmas in less than 4 weeks' time! xx


19 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasure to see what you've been up to. I will go and have a look at the Care December, I really need to escape the C, Cards soon and get away from Red, Green and Yellow Lol! Poor Oreo, he looks quite sad today. However hope you have a happy woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy month in my opinion Zsuzsa! Nice to see what you've been up to. I must say I've only ever owned three colours of alcohol ink and haven't used them for years...the sellotape idea is a good one that I could probably actually make use of. You have some fab colours going there! The Holiday Care idea is grand, I love the book cover...you use your favourite colour so well, it's hard to see it as open colour in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized Oreo looks so much like Poppy with his markings! Poppy's white chest makes a perfect little heart when she stands just so - I will say the three feet (!) looks a little AI LOL! As to Care, I vow not to sign up for one more thing. It's all I can do to keep up with Fodder School and TRN. Your sellotape with inks looks wonderful and I can see there is a ton I need to catch up with. I might even try to make one of the Zooms thins month. Oh and BTW that book cover looks LUSH - do I have any gilding wax? so so pretty.

    On the day so YAY!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't noticed the three feet LOL - the fourth one is hiding behind the first one! Just a standard issue Tuxedo cat with white feet and a vest!

      Delete
  4. What super papers, love the colours of the printout . . 2 for 1 . . can't be bad.
    Love the idea of alcohol inks on sellotape . . . thanks for sharing the idea.
    Have a good week
    Christine #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great to see your monthly catch ups. I love that alcohol ink tape. Have a good December!! Happy woyww Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purple flower is a salvia .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the heads up for Care December. I just signed up. I will have a look in my craft room later for a cover. Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all you've been busy with....so talented.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put some washy tapes in Ben's Advent calendar. They are such fun colours. Your artwork is fab. I love the idea of scanning so that you can tweak the design/ colours etc. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great ideas there like your homemade washi tape! Beautiful covers for your notebooks.
    Gracie says Oreo should get extra treats to compensate for his friend being AWOL. She and Bella are mad on Webbox Lik E sticks at the mo.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always good to see what you have been up to Zsuzsa. And to see Oreo of course - meow! Enjoy the washi advent drawers! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous set of note books and the alcohol inks on sellotape is a brilliant idea. Had to giggle at your advent calendar box to yourself, sometimes we have to make our own sunshine. Hugs BJ#12

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, it's a great treat to see what you've been up to in the month, Zsuzsa...I especially like your idea with alcohol inks on tape, even though it's borrowed. I'll be trying that for sure.

    Your collaged notebooks are a delight, and I can see that using them for making creative notes is a fabulous idea - that would beat the heck out of my style of scraps of paper strewn from one end of the studio to another!!

    Your book cover is so soft and lovely...that's going to be a great project!

    Great to see Oreo again, and how can it be that 'your little guy' is already in uni???!!! Can you see my eyes bugging out from where you are?

    Sending heaps of best wishes for you and yours at Christmas...hugs, Win

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inky and Mittsy give kitty hugs to Oreo, he does look a little down. Those notebooks are wonderful! And I love how the colours change when you scan and print! The cover of your book is gorgeous! I'm sure you will find lots to do in it! Have a great week, Lindart #16

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed your review. Your notebooks are delightful and I love the look of those alcohol ink washis. Look forward to seeing you in the Care December group. I have done gatherings too and think will combine with Raspberry Blue Sky's Art Journal advent offering. I have just managed to post my November review - time is racing away. Enjoy your December xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many great ideas! Blue is also one of my favourite colours. I wish you and your family a happy Xmas and a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely to see your beautiful work Zsuzsa you have an amazing talent I know it has been so long but care duties take so much of my time now, wanted to pop on over and wish you a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2024. Hugs Tracey xx
    P.S Oreo still looks magnificent x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.