Wednesday 29 June 2022

WOYWW #682: Still around!

Hello deskers! It's the last Wednesday of June and I'm just letting you know that I'm still around and I haven't forgotten about my commitment to check in with WOYWW at least once a month. I haven't done much in the way of arting since my last update. I did manage to finish my 100-day project, albeit several weeks late. Was I fussed about it? Nope, it was my project and I set my own pace. Cool as  a cucumber - that's my new motto. 

Here's my last page representing days 91-100 for #10X10layers. I will seriously have to rethink this next year and only do it if it serves a purpose. This year at least it kept me going during one of the most difficult periods of  my life.  


That's pretty much it, art wise. Oh, I've also found this cool book in my local charity shop. It's full of music score as well, so great for collage, but I really bought it for the cover! Look at that distressed spine - yummy! (this also doubles as the obligatory desk shot for WOYWW!)

Other than that, I've done some painting of a different kind! I've upcycled my old pine chest of drawers and bedside table - I'd been planning to do this for years but never found the courage. I thought the long Jubilee weekend was the perfect time to do it - and it did take the full 4 days but so worth it! I got some paint from B&Q - you can choose a colour and they mix it for you. I think this one's called Marine Mist, a very light turquoise green - it echoes the colours of the wall art I got from The Range. A nice makeover for my bedroom, which is now a place of tranquillity helping me sleep really well these days - even better than before my little crisis with anxiety and insomnia. (The canvas will be fixed to the wall as soon as hubs gets his act together!) 

Of course, Oreo had to get in on the action and strategically placed himself in the bottom drawer while I was carrying the other bits downstairs to paint them. At least it made a good photo op! 

Luckily we got our internet connection back in time for this post. The week before last we had a bit of a mishap - we had a couple of gate posts put in and the contractors managed to slice through the fibreoptic cable AND the water pipe as well when they were drilling! They managed to fix the water within a couple of hours, but we had to reply on Openreach to fix the internet. It's all good now - such a relief! 

That's all for today! Thanks for visiting! 

See you in a bit! xx


14 comments:

  1. So good to see you here, you are missed you know. I do hope that even if it means you cannot post in October that you make it to the Crop. it will be lovely to see you. And some of your books.
    So glad you are sleeping much better and i love the colour of the drawers you upcycled, a place of calm for you to relax and sleep in.
    Take care,
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a wonderful adventure, busy with making us doing what it wants :D It is lovely to see you wherever you are. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs
    Mariane #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you this week Zsuzsa, I do love your last page - it's beautiful and what a fantastic find that old book was. You've done a great job on the chest of drawers and it looks so pretty in that aqua colour - I'm glad you are sleeping better, I'm sure having a relaxed and tranquil place really helps.
    Hope you have a lovely week
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zsuzsa, I've missed you sweet lady and so pleased you're here today. I am useless at stuff that expects you to complete stuff with a deadline, I had all that when I was teaching and I'm not going back there. I have several pieces of MDF projects waiting to be completed but I soon get distracted by other stuff so they will just have to wait! The microwave flower press is fine, easy to use and as you said only about £13 which is good. I had looked at the others and they may be bigger possibly but this will do for me. It's actually a child's one but I can't see that there's much difference. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see you joining in today and to hear you're sleeping better. I love your upcycled cupboard...gorgeous colour.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zsuzsa, it is nice to read you again and that you sleep better now. I love the colour of your cupboard and the page with the butterflies. I wish you a happy summer, hoping you will be able to travel to your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you Zsuzsa (and Oreo of course). Glad to hear your internet is back up and running too. Your work on the chests of drawers is fabulous - such a peaceful colour. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely makeover! One of my fave colours. My sewing room has a paler version of that on the walls. Nice to see you here for you monthly visit, and hope your sleep in improving. That book is indeed yummy, and yeah, I suspect at least 50% of people who do those 100/50/month/week/whatever projects do it once then think the same "Now what do I do with what I made??" If it got you thru a tough spot it was worth it, but like me with the 100 Days, I don't feel a burning need to do it again...
    :)
    Happy WOYWW next-day!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your latest page is lovely, as is the beautiful old book - such little treasures. I love the new coloured chest of drawers - a perfect shade to match the artwork I think. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful to see your oh-so-upbeat post, Zsuzsa. Your last page in that 100 day project is amazing, and I'm 💗ing that book cover. I totally understand the purchase!

    Your bedroom oasis looks like the perfect place to rest and recoup - you've created a beautiful ambiance there. And I'll bet that Oreo is happy to sneak in there frequently to do his Comatose Cat thing! 😉

    Glad to know that you managed to get the internet repaired, even if it took a while. Don't you love contractor ooooopses?! Happy month, my friend...sound sleeps, creative time, connections with loved ones, and a brilliant July! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are still arting. Hope you find something to really inspire and give you joy in July xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helloooo Zsuzsa 🤗 looooving your journal page ... those words ... looove! Toooo your treasure of a book ... I might just might beeeee swooooooning 🤩🤩🤩 I bet it also smells ... amazing 🙃😘 Such a beautiful makeover,loving the freshness of the colour 💕So glad to read you're sleeping easier 🙏 Loooong may it continue. Wrapping you up in love and light ... you take care Tracy #14 xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.