Wednesday 25 May 2022

WOYWW #677: Checking in

I realised yesterday that this was my last chance to check in with WOYWW in the month of May, keeping my word to blog at least once a month, so here I am with an update. Thank you so much for all your messages of support since my last post. I'm glad to report that I'm doing so much better now. My sleep has improved considerably after reading The Sleep Book by Dr Guy Meadows. I read it in two days and it's no exaggeration to say that I started sleeping again almost immediately - after three months of hardly sleeping at all! I mean I don't sleep like a baby, but I never did. I think I'm pretty much back to my normal pattern and if I still get a bad night, I don't fuss about it. I'm also working on my anxiety with the help of some other books and free resources I found online (after being scammed out of £159 by The Linden Method but luckily I got my money back through PayPal). So it's been quite a journey. One day I'll write down my experiences in the hopes to help other people. For now, in lieu of a desk shot, here's a photo of  three books that have helped me tremendously so far:

I'm still creating on and off. I kept up with the 100-day challenge, albeit I'm running a bit late with my last 10 layers, but I'll get there. Here are the pages since my last post, representing 40 days (4X10 layers):




Then there was the Ugly Art Club's reoccurring two-week challenge that I partially completed:


and there was also an affirmation challenge in April as well. I created these eight affirmation cards based on the prompts, working with a restricted colour palette:


Oreo is fine - he's just had his annual booster vaccination. I tried to take a photo of him last night but he wouldn't cooperate. Instead, here's a photo of my clematis with flowers as big as my hands! 


Happy WOYWW! Hope everyone's well. 

So sorry to have missed the ATC swap, but thanks Jan for sending me one anyway ;) 

I was thinking, surely, it's not that time of year again, but sure enough it is! 

I'll be around checking in with you during the rest of the week if not today. xx


17 comments:

  1. So nice to see you! And I SO need that book so thanks for the tip off. I sleep like crap most nights, but always put it down to the cocktail of meds I am on :D You make me wonder if it isn't that and just need to do all the things they recommend (like to screens for an hour before bed - HA! can't imagine managing THAT one) and then I would sleep like a baby. Sorry you missed the ATC swap. I always hope I can manage to capture one of your available trades before they all go. You know I am a fan. The affirmation cards are stunning, as ever, and happy to see you for your monthly check it. Glad Oreo is well and see you next month LOL!
    Happy start of year 14!!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your Art have been missed but it was for a good reason and `i am so glad you are coming out into the light once more. Luckily I don't have much trouble sleeping, just the occasional restless leg syndrome pops up and keeps me awake.
    Hope you manage to pop in the Crop this year (1st october) as it would be lovely to see you again.
    love love love the 100 day challenge pages, they are absolutely beautiful but so are the other works of art you share with us today.
    Gosh that flower is amazing, I never have such luck as that.
    Sending Hugs as always, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork is stunning - I love it. So glad you are feeling better - sleep loss is such a debilitating thing isn't it. I might invest in the Sleep Book for friends and family! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s such great news that you’re feeling better, especially with regards to the sleeping…I still have some bad nights so I might investigate that Guy Meadows book. I love the artwork you’re creating, it reminds me of old Italian frescoes, just gorgeous!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zsuzsa, am so glad you are feeling better and sleeping better too. I am also very glad you were able to get your money back. Great pages, lovely to see back. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you Zsuzsa, I'm so glad you are feeling a whole lot better. I will make a note of the books as I know someone who struggles to sleep well, thank you for the recommendations and what a relief you got your money back too - that sounds a stressful experience. I am loving your art work and very glad that you are still making beautiful pieces - they really are stunning.
    Hope you have a lovely week,
    Diana xx #17

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased to hear things have improved since the last time you checked in. Onward and upward I hope.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 8

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pleased you are feeling better. I have not had the strength of body or mind to visit anywhere, digitally or physically. I hope that your wellness stays and even increases
    Take care
    Christine #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous to see you this week, and I am glad you are doing better. I don't sleep well either, keep waking... I put it down to an age thing but who knows. your makes are as always, inspiring. take care and stay well. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Zsusza, so plesed to see you. I love your art work it is so inspiring. Pleased the books are helping. I usually have a read before I go to sleep and any book can take me a year to read as I often fall asleep reading it! Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to see you back in blog land. I hope that summer sunshine helps to light up your life in every way xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Zsuzsa, Great to see you back with some wonderful creations! I am so glad to read that you are sleeping much better in the meanwhile. Yes, it may be interesting to share your experience, I am sure it could help others.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Zsuzsa, Great to see you back with some wonderful creations! I am so glad to read that you are sleeping much better in the meanwhile. Yes, it may be interesting to share your experience, I am sure it could help others. (I am sorry my comment was sent as anonymous first, I just had forgotten to check the right box).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering who that was LOL! Thank you Chani, I'll visit you back soon! xx

      Delete
  14. It's lovely to see your post, Zsuzsa, and to hear that you're doing so much better. Bless those who have written books that help us in the dire times - they are such a gift! Sending you some massive hugs, deep sleeps and light energy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to see you gal, and very pleased to read that you’re getting more and better sleep, it really helps to deal with other problems if you aren’t constantly exhausted. Every time you do it, the Ugly Art challenge makes me smile, your art could never be ugly, it reflects you so well. Glad to see that your are still doing bits and pieces, it helps with the old mental stability if you can find time to just let your brain tick over while you do something that’s so second nature.
    Take care, see you in a month! PS; Crop on October 1st in Shrewsbury again….! Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hellooo Zsuzsa 🤗💕 I'm so glad you're sleeping more, sending gentle hugs your way 🤗 Adore your artworks ... all of them ...gorgeous layers ⭐🥰💛🥰⭐😍 Much love and more hugs Tracy #20 xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.