Wednesday 11 October 2017

WOYWW #436: Inside-out 3D canvas

I seem to have fallen into the habit of only posting for WOYWW lately, since I can only manage one post a week these days. As a result, I'm hopelessly behind with my classes, but thank goodness for the download option! My WOYWW posts usually consist of projects that are the result of random inspiration, just like this one. I was so inspired by a video I saw on YT that I immediately had to try my own simplified version of it.

Here's the obligatory shot of my desk while I was working on this project over the weekend.


I worked on a 5" X 6.5" block canvas, inside out to create a deep frame. I've seen this done many times before but this is the first time I have tried it myself! I pretty much followed the process in the video by applying crackle medium, gesso and then distress oxides to tint the surfaces. I'm loving the results! This is what my bits looked like before assembling the project.


And here's the finished 3D canvas, once I arranged all the elements and added the little bottles and labels. I used a couple of dominoes for the shelves and staggered them.




I've got something else to share today. I came across these clear acrylic gems at Home Bargains for just a couple of quid and bought them not really knowing what I was going to use them for. Then the inspiration struck me as soon as I'd got home! I put them into a clear glass with an LED tea light to create this mood lamp. So simple, yet so effective! 



And of course, there can be no WOYWW post of mine without an Oreo photo. Here he is lounging in the airing cupboard - his favourite place at the moment. He can literally spend all day sleeping in there!


Thanks so much for stopping by today - I'll be over visiting shortly! 
Have a lovely week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.