Wednesday 19 July 2017

WOYWW #424: Found poetry

Can it be true that it's Wednesday again already? I had to check my calendar just to make sure. It is indeed Wednesday so it's time for another round of WOYWW. My desk shot was taken at the weekend, though I didn't finish my page until later.


Again, I was working with my eroded papers, so it looks a lot like my previous pages in tone and character. I collaged inked paper towels, doilies, book papers, a teabag and a tag. This is what it looked like at this stage:


I thought the tag would make a great background for some text, but I didn't know what to write, then I remembered the concept of found poetry. I used a page from Kate Morton's Distant Hours. I got the book from the charity shop a while ago, just so I can use the cover in another project, so I didn't feel bad about cutting it up. Plus I have it on my Kindle so I can read it again any time I like. I cut out some phrases from a single page and rearranged them to make something similar to a poem. I also added some motifs from a napkin and, voila, here's my finished spread, with some closeups to follow:






And since it's WOYWW, here's the obligatory cat photo. Oreo likes to hang out on top of the kitchen cabinets and observe us from there. 


I'll have to do some cleaning and tidying today as our potential buyer's surveyor is coming to look at the house tomorrow. What he's going to do here for four and a half hours, I have no idea! I'll still find time to visit as many of you as I can, I promise! Hope you all have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.