I've been working on my first ever ATB and my first ever altered bottle. I moved my work station into the kitchen to be closer to the sink. Here it is in action a couple of days ago:
I had just applied a layer of raw umber on the bottle waiting for it to dry a little before partially removing the top layer with a wet wipe. This is a very similar process to the one I used for my altered boxes in my previous post. The difference is that I used a crackle medium to crack the underlying layer of blue. Those of you in the UK might recognize this bottle! Let me know in the comments if you do! Hint; the night before it had stood on our dinner table to go with our sausages! And no, it's not ketchup!
Here are a few shots of the process and the final look against the backdrop of our autumn garden now full of colour of the fallen leaves.
The other project I want to share today is this MDF Artist Trading Block. First, I completely covered it with dictionary paper and then collaged some whimsy houses with my palette paper and painted the background with fluid acrylics. It looked a bit barren, so I splattered some white ink all over each side, which pulled it together a bit more. (Click on the photo to see the full size image.)
I also managed to catch Oreo in the garden and take this new shot, though it's very similar to the one I shared last week. He's checking out the birds on the trees again. There's nothing he loves more than doing that!
Thanks for coming over!
I will be visiting as many of you as I can!