Used my beloved batiks for this purpose, although I found it almost painful to cut into my fat quarters. Luckily, I already photographed most of them for this post, so I can still marvel at them digitally in their full glory. I dusted off my sewing machine too. As you know, I'm not much of a seamstress, but this sort of messy sewing I can do! In fact, it was invented especially for me! The messier the better, and I'm really good at that, LOL! Here are some shots of the completed cover, front and back:
I used a piece of dyed fabric for the ties, Initially, I cut the cloth for the inside cover, not realizing just how much it will shrink in the process. So I used another piece of patterned fabric instead to line the inside of the cover. I sewed some Khadi textured cotton paper into the middle (just simply machine stitched a signature of three sheets down the spine). All the pages have fold-out flaps for addition interest. I will use this as a collage journal I think.
This journal is a simplified version of the one shown in Susie's lesson, which has a fold-out cover with pockets. I will definitely do one of those later. I just couldn't wait to finish this to see what it looks like. I love it and can't wait to fill it with yummy collages! Watch this space!
Thanks so much for visiting! In honour of Remembrance Sunday, I will now observe a minute silence, remembering the young lives lost in WWI, whichever side they were on. I find it unbelievable that some of those lads were just a couple of years older than my own son now. Let's hope that something like that will never ever happen again.