Wednesday 20 April 2016

WOYWW #359: Digital Play

Hello lovely, crafty, arty people on this beautiful April morning (although it might be midday by the time I publish this post). WOYWW is the name of the game and everyone's welcome to join Julia's fun blog hop on the Stamping Ground!

I took this photo of my desk yesterday afternoon while working on a LifeBook project. I've since blogged it - you can see the finished page here. (Please don't feel obliged to follow the link - I know some of you have painfully slow connections and it can be frustrating waiting for stuff to open in a new window. The link is there for people who may be interested and are blessed with superfast internet!)


You can also see some fluid matte medium on my desk, which had just got delivered. I will be experimenting with those later. The Liquitex ultra matte medium is particularly good for muting the glossy shine of acrylic paints and can be used as a final coat as well. I haven't tried the Golden yet - it seems to be more fluid and less opaque.

As I haven't got anything else to show you at the moment, I thought I'd share some of my digital play this week. In my LB project above, I used some of my own digital paper. I did it by applying a 'bubble' filter to the photo of one of my palette papers. I printed it and used it as collage material. It's hugely satisfying to use patterned paper that you made yourself! Here's what it looks like:


I've also been collecting feathers for another project and took a photo of it. I ran a PhotoShop action on this one that I downloaded from The CoffeeShop Blog


And finally, no WOYWW post of mine would be complete without a photo of Oreo. I gave him aqua coloured eyes here! I know it's a bit cheesy, but I couldn't help it! 


Thanks for visiting! Wishing you all a happy Wednesday and a creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.