Tuesday 22 July 2014

Black and white doodle cards

I had a few sheets of watercolour paper lying around that I had sprayed with Dylusions inks a few weeks ago for testing.  I wasn't sure what to do with them, until inspiration hit me this morning. I cut them into small cards, slightly larger than ATC size, and stamped some flower images on them in black archival ink. I used Rangers Jet Black ink pad, but there are lots of other similar products that would be just as good. I outlined the stamped images with a white Uniball gel pen and added some text and borders as well. You can use letter stamps instead of hand lettering if you prefer. I like how the black and white designs stand out against the coloured background. These cards are super easy to make and I find doodling very calming and therapeutic.

A word of caution about the Dylusions inks though: you may find that some of them fade rather quickly when exposed to sunlight. I left a sheet of paper originally sprayed bright pink in the conservatory about 4 weeks ago and it has gone completely pale! Therefore, be careful not to use these inks on projects exposed to bright sunlight - it would be a shame to see your hard work disappear in front of your eyes within just a few weeks. They should be safe inside your journals though, I assume.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.