Wednesday 13 November 2019

WOYWW #545: Totally in love with acrylic pouring!

You know I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to trying new techniques, which usually require the purchase of new supplies as well. I can go from one idea to the other in quick succession and lose interest even before my supplies arrive for me to have a go at it. Happened plenty of times! For example, my sticker maker in the left hand corner - haven't even looked at it since my last post! Well, looks like paint pouring is not just a one-night stand but a full blown love affair probably ending in marriage! I can't stop pouring! I'm running out of places to dry stuff! Here's my desk for WOYWW to prove it:


I can't even remember when this was taken - it could have been any day of the week. I've lost count of the canvases I made. Not all of them are great and I started scrapping the ones that I didn't totally love. By scrapping I mean reusing them. I can just scrape off the paint while they're still wet and start again. Most of them are still drying. Here are some photos of the better ones:










These last two are now dry - they were one of my earlier efforts. I set up a drying station in my display cabinet, which meant I had to move everything else out of it. The advantages of this set up is that my paintings are safe from dust, accidents and Oreo's inquisitive nature - we wouldn't want colourful paw prints on the cream carpet! 


I can also save the excess paint and use the acrylic skins in pendants. This is a good example of how an earlier obsession that never took off (jewellery making) can come in handy when you need supplies asap! I have dozens of these pendant trays lying around. I die-cut the circles from the dry skins and they look magnificent as the cabochons magnify the patterns and make the pearlescent paints sparkle. 


Photo heavy, but hopefully short and sweet! Now I'll go and see what y'all been up to! 
Happy WOYWW! 

19 comments:

  1. Wow to the canvases and the pendants - how brilliant are they? The pendants look like you've trapped the sea inside! Old hobbies do come in useful, don't they...I'm the same, there are always handy little bits and pieces lying around that come in handy!
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so pretty Zsuzsa, you are so lucky to have found an area to keep them safe whilst drying. I hope you will display them with pride once dry they deserve to be seen. I understand about tempting techniques, i'm trying to be very good at the moment a bonus for me not being a FB user is that I rarely get to see new techniques until someone introduced them to blogger. I've always been one to just create from my own head.. not much going on in there at the moment as lifes somewhat up and down in the background... but i'm here today Hoorah..
    Thanks for sharing lovely, just enjoy as tomorrow is another day.
    Happy WoywW Creative Hugs Tracey #5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely the pendants and canvas pieces are! You are so talented. Just beautiful!
    Glenda #17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what amazing creations your sharing with us today....I can see whay you're really loving making all your canvasses.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm drooling here, the pours are fabulous. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zsuzsa. Oh wow - they are great. Not something I have ever tried, or even had the inclination to try, but I see why you are addicted and in love. The pendants re beautiful.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what beautiful creations, I can see why you're in love with paint pouring.
    Have a good week
    Christine #27

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness they are fabulous - I can see how you are addicted to it - I just LOVE the finished pieces! I have been yearning to try this for a while now - I keep seeing it on FB but just can't bring myself to get so messy - I'm a bit accident prone! The jewellery is fabulous too and just goes to show it pays to keep stuff 'just in case'!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Hugs, Diana xx #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you for the "photo heavy" post. Your pours are beautiful and I love the extra idea of how to use the leftover skins. Excellent post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely canvases and the pendants are fabulous.
    Kath #19

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pours are gorgeous and I know that when I start I may not stop either. I've had one go but at the moment just don't have the space for drying so it has to wait a while. Loving the pendants too. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Amazing. Gorgeous. And the pendants ♥ Lucky people who get those! Look forward to seeing what happens next xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe my favourite on canvas (hard to choose) are the pair with the purple included - hope you have a spot for them to hang just as they are

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh-my-goodness, Zsuzsa - those canvases are amazing!!! It's really tempting, that technique, but I think I must pass with all the things I have on my hand now, it would be too much. I also don't think more supplies can fit into my atelier... it's supply-heavy to a point that I NEED to declutter and clean (but I know better ways to spend my free days, so I keep postponing it.) Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday, it's good to see your name pop up in the comments and visit you back. Hope to be present more often from now on (yep, routine set in!) Have a great weekend, hug from Holland. Marit #4

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought the stuff to do pouring last November but it still stands there (somewhere?) as I have been too scared to try and then this back problem stopped it - seeing your results has made me want to try again. Will I get to it? Not this side of Christmas but ....
    Love the canvasses and the pendants are a great idea - I have lots of those too, Oh Zsuzsa, why can I not turn the clock back 40 years? I want to be you.
    Hugs, Neet xx 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Zsuzsa, OMG!!!!! Fabulous pours, truly beautiful. Have you started with a kit, or just basic supplies? And I love how you've used the skins in pendants, they're amazing.Feeling a little better again today, slow but sure improvement. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz#2 X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pourings are so gorgeous and the pendants are amazing! Well done, Zsuzsa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such fabulous pours Zsuzsa. The pendants look fabulous too and great for gifting. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Zsuzsa. I have read many comments from you on Lynette Collis' blog All of Me. I just twigged you too have a blog. Yay, I am at home sick today so am going to read through your blog. Perfect timing. Your blog looks great. Going to dive in!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.