Wednesday 6 November 2019

WOYWW #544: Foiling, sticker making and acrylic pouring

What do the three things in the title have in common? They are the three obsessions I went through in quick succession (and in that order) just in the past two weeks and here's my desk for WOYWW to prove it! If you're fainthearted, please look away - it can not be unseen!


So what was on my desk on Saturday night? A new, cheap laminator, which works brilliantly. If you remember I had to send back another, more expensive model as it kept jamming. Proof that it wasn't my fault! A sticker-maker - did I really one? - no, but it's so much fun and it actually works! That little book in front of it is full of my foiled stickers (more about that next week). The canvas was my first acrylic pour - a total failure so I had to turn it into something else. Since it had a lot of paint on it, I tried ironing some scrap foil over the surface thinking that the heat would melt the acrylics and transfer bits of the foil - it worked!

I'll show you some close-ups. Different parts of the foil illuminate as the light hits it from different angles. 




And to be true to WOYWW - here's an additional desk shot that I took this morning:


This was my third attempt at acrylic pouring - the second one you can see in the background on the left - not a total failure like the first, but nothing compared to the third one, which I really like. It was done on Monday and it's still drying. Apparently it can take up to 3 days for it to dry completely. Here's a closer look. Those cells are supposed to be the holy grail of this technique. Lots of videos on YouTube if you want to see how they can be achieved. I'll be doing some more of these for sure!



That's it in a rather big nutshell. Thanks for visiting! I'll be around soon! 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Zsuzsa. I think your desk looks wonderful! It quite made my day to be honest. Those acrylic pourings look good - the third one is indeed amazing. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you definitely win the Messiest Desk Title this week!! But it's wonderful to see so much creativity and someone who's had a lot of fun! I like the bright colours of the acrylic pouring very much!
    HUgs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I call a BUSY desk today. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun there. Really love the effects of the acrylic pouring. I have no idea how you do it but it's gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have siace for paint pouring but would love to try it. Lovely desk a girl after my own heart x Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that just looks like fun! I love it when I'm inspired to hop from one thing to another. Don't much care for tidying up the mess though! Happy WOYWW Cindy #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome desk! It looks VERY much like MINE! LOL Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The acrylic pouring videos are fascinating to watch, but I dread to think of the mess I'd make if I tried this technique! I'm imagining bright pink footprints on the carpet! I really like the first canvas - so I wouldn't class it a total failure at all! The foil adds richness and depth, and I love the way it changes as the light hits it from different angles.
    Amelia #22

    ReplyDelete
  8. Acrylic pouring is fascinating and involves a certain amount of luck I think.
    That close up is wonderful. Happy WOYWW !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes this is what it's about just look at that desk.. it's like my very own desk which I can not share as it's full of DT stuff. I'm using my Daughters desk to escape from it atm haa haa! So glad you carried on with the pours there are not many people that have achieved what they hoped for first time. You've made good use of the first and added lots of goodies to it, amazing what can be done with an iron. The last one looks fabulous hope it dries soon. Sending WoywW Hugs your way Tracey #11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great desk, full of stuff! I love the acrylic pouring and can't wait to get back to it once I get into the new cabin where it wont matter how much mess I make. I've got all the right stuff now to make good cells but haven't had time to try them out. I haven't taken the stuff out of the goody bag yet either so I could show you all that next week as I am still going to be without a desk for a while. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I'm having palpitations looking at your desk! Fabulous work and it looks like you're having fun.
    Kath #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you did warn us Zsuzsa lol. Love your third paint pour, but well saved with the first one, great canvas! Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Zsuzsa, your acrylic pouring canvas is stunning! I want to see more of those (and thanks for the link, I will watch some videos when I have time). And I like your canvas with theme "Explore" as well, it is inspiring as always. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the busy desk and the rescue of the canvas, but that final acrylic pour is stunning! Sorry for the late visit this week. Happy belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#14)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely. Satisfying view of your desk. The sticker maker will end up being a really great tool, I have a very old one which I still use regularly, specially for sticking die cuts. The acrylic pour is fabulous - I had a feeling that it wouldn’t be quite as simple as the videos have made it look, but sees you’ve got the knack already - well done you, sensational result!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adore your busy desk ♥ And love all that gorgeous colour - want to see more of the foiled stickers xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.