Wednesday 17 August 2016

WOYWW #376: Holiday Part One

For once, it doesn't seem like Wednesday came around too quickly. We are halfway through of our summer holiday and it feels like we've been here for a month, even though it's only been a few days! Since we've got pretty good broadband here, I thought I'd link up to WOYWW, although in my case it is WOTWOYHA (What's On The Walls of Your Holiday Accommodation) this week. As I was not able to create anything of my own, I'm sharing some of the art I found hanging on the walls around here. They are quite similar to my taste and style!




Even the coasters look rather stylish!
We packed a lot into the first 3.5 days of our holiday in the New Forest in Hampshire. We walked along the pier in Hythe, that has the oldest pier train in the world dating back to 1922; we took an open top bus tour around the New Forest visiting a number of towns and villages; we visited the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu, where we went on the monorail and travelled in a 1920's bus, watched a falconry show, and visited the abbey and the stately home; we visited Exbury Gardens, where we took a steam train ride and later that evening we walked miles along the beach to reach Hurst Castle, originally built by Henry the VIII. We even had time to visit two art galleries along the way! Here are some highlights of our adventures so far:

Dressing up at the Motor Museum
Riding in a 1920's London bus
Falconry show
A walk along the beach to Hurst Castle
Of course, we miss Oreo terribly. I've been in touch with the cattery on Facebook. Apparently, he's settled and eating well. We can't wait to see him again and hope he will not be too mad at us for leaving him behind! Here's a photo I took just before we set off. He got in the carrier voluntarily, thinking it was a new toy (having forgotten about the trauma of his castration earlier this year, LOL!).


We're off cycling today, so I may not have time to visit many blogs but I will do so later in the week, promise! Happy WOYWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.