Wednesday 15 December 2021

WOYWW #654: Advent Journal 2021 Week 2

Have you noticed how we get into a time warp around Christmas each year? It's spooky, really. On Monday I realised that we didn't have anything to put under the Christmas tree yet (I know, I'm not very well organised and most of the responsibility falls on me, even my own presents!) so I headed out to town and came back with three bags of stuff, mostly practical. Let's just say my family is now fully stocked with socks, underwear, slippers, pyjamas and snuggly robes and I'm getting myself some crafty stuff as well. 

My desk shot this morning is a bit staged - I wanted to show you the delightful cards I received from LLJ and Cindy! Thank you, ladies - you're ever so kind. In the foreground is my advent journal, which is filling up nicely. I'm following the prompts posted by @artjournaladvent on Instagram - one of the organisers, Michelle, used to be a desker - some of you might remember her from years ago! 

Here are my pages from week #2. So far I've managed to keep up to date, although it did involve some late-night art sessions, sometimes in the 11th hour! There's lots of gold in all of these! (there are some tiny little butterflies smuggled in again - just to break my own self-imposed rules - what can I say, I'm a rebel LOL!)








I even managed to put together a lightening quick slideshow of my previous scrap journal, in the "add 27 photos" trend format (doesn't look so good on the desktop though). 


Happy #654! 
I'll be around soon - if not today then later in the week! xx


14 comments:

  1. Well, it wouldn’t be you if there weren’t a few butterflies sprinkled around but they are teeny so you got away with it, you rebel you! The journal is fantastic, I love all the textures and colours, so clever! Well done for the ram raid of Christmas presents, lol! I was much the same and got it all sorted last week, phew.
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really was grease lightning! I played it several times to really study it. So enjoyed my journey with it.
    Love the latest showing and am intrigued by how you do the backgrounds. Take the 'dare to dream' page, do you collage various pieces of paper together and if so how do you choose which ones. I have tons of papers and things but never know what to put with what to make a background. Just wish I could do pages like yours.
    A friend was saying on the phone the other day how her young son doesn't buy her presents yet she buys for him - and all of them. Next time we speak I will tell her to go and buy them all in one fell swoop and buy her own at the same time from him. Good idea Zsuzsa.
    Hugs, stay safe, Neet 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s been such a busy day for me (it started at 8 am with my first of many customers). I’ve been head down sewing all day but have stopped to eat and blog now.
    Your pages are really gorgeous....as always.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not got presents yet either... well one that needs to get in the post.. oops! enjoyed the speed through pages. I don't know why we always think we have so much more prep time than we do.... it's not like it doesn't happen every year! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zsuzsa, don't ask where I've been but I've only just got round to opening the laptop. If butterflies are your thing then you go for it! Glad I'm not the only one that does late night crafting too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The i paper has today published what the extra work we do at Christmas is worth were we paid for it and it's a staggering £880. That includes time taken shopping for the presents. You did well to do it all in one day. Your journal pages are fabulous and what's a journal without butterflies!!! Have a great week. Elizabeth x #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't finished shopping yet either Zsuzsa - the boys get a cash gift these days which saves time. Fab pages as ever. Meow to Oreo. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I’m still shopping and as for wrapping…! Rather be gazing at desks! Loving your pages Zsuzsa, really wonderful, my fave is the blurred edges on 9th…so far, but very difficult to choose between them. I love how you stay up late rather than not do it, it says a lot about you and your need to create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pages Zsuzsa, I have to say I like the fact you've broken your own rules as I love the little sneaky butterflies! I hope you are soon fully organised with Christmas, I always leave it until the last minute and always swear I won't next year!
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx #12

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posts are always such a feast, Zsuzsa...I'm loving those journal pages, and have gone back and forth so many times my eyes are now on permanent wobble. Bless you for your extraordinary complexity, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous journal pages. I think I like the music one and the one with two leaves the best, but they are all lovely . Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  12. 27 photos in 16 seconds is very fast! I prefer looking at the desk ones as yo can really drink them in :D I am another who has to pretty much wrap my own gifts or I get things inside the store carrier bag, stapled shut with a bow stuck to it. So there are two lots of lovely wrapped gifts and a pile of what looks like rubbish under the tree, every year. DOH!
    Late AGAIN, but Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pages again, Zsuzsa! I love the bird and the leaves, and so many othe details! Yes, Christmas is almost there... I already wish you happy days, without buying and cooking stress! Just enjoying with your family...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pages again Zsuzsa. I adore the hawk and the butterflies were very subtle. Online shopping is a dream for me. My husband is our chef and we try to keep it fairly simple. Happy Christmas and stay safe!
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 6

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.