Wednesday 24 November 2021

WOYWW #651: More pages in my scrap journal

Hello Deskers! I'm back again - having missed last week for my dental appointment - they didn't do anything just assessed the situation to the tune of £35 (they graciously took me on as an existing patient after being kicked off their NHS list without my knowledge, otherwise it would have been twice as much for new private patients). So that's £35 for telling me that I lost a filling, which is why I'd called them in the first place. It will be another £125 for the actual work. Imagine all the art products I could buy for that sort of money - and what is more important, teeth or art? - okay, that was a stupid question. 

Here's a shot of my desk this morning - still in utter disarray, and I doubt that will change in the near future, but you never know. I've completed a few more pages in my scrap journal and I really want to finish it before starting a new advent journal next week - my fourth year running! 















Yes, I do realise there's a winged creature on every one of these pages - I still haven't got over my obsession with butterflies and dragonflies. Some of these "scraps" were actually recycled from things I'd made back in the summer - this journal is their permanent home. If they are too big, I just rip them apart, which gives them a new perspective. 

That's it for today! I have a few more hours to visit and then I'm off to the dentist again for a rip-off filling. At least my tooth doesn't need to be taken out, not at this point, anyway. Wish me luck!  

17 comments:

  1. Hope things go well at the dentist Zsuzsa - a rip off indeed. Fab pages. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish you luck for your visit, not my favourite place either. Hope you're home soon and back to crafting.
    Christine #04

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dentistry is so expensive when you have to pay privately. Good luck with the filling. Ugh!
    As always I love seeing your journals. I don't care if every page has a winged insect on it or not, I just love the work you do. You have the knack to put things together beautifully.
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the dentist - ugh. Hate it, but it must be done. I Love, Love, LOVE your journal, so lush, every page. Think of them as you recline in the chair of pain LOL!
    (I should be cooking but I can't help but desk hop for a bit!)
    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah well there's nothing wrong with dragongflies and butterflies - there are worse things to be obsessed about!! Hope the dentist goes OK, I am enjoying my little treats. Happy WOYWW, have a great week, stay safe stay well, love n hugs Cindyxx #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did well to get a place with a dentist, it's been a difficult one for a while now. Yes I had noticed there are rather a lot of insects in the journal but it just works. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your journal pages. Good luck with this dentist appt. My dental insurance took care of ALL my $ issues a few months back and I feel so much better, pulled the bad tooth. Happy WOYWW kind of day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the pain isn't too bad at the dentist - bad enough the pain on the pocket! Love your junk journal and I look forward to your advent journal. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dentist is almost as expensive as the vet's. I paid £150 recently to have Silver spayed. You've got me thinking about all the lovely paper collections I could have bought with that. Your journal pages are lovely, and I love all the insects you've included. Have a good week and I hope you are not in too much pain. Elizabeth x #6

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to wait nearly 3 months to have a tooth refilled, it came out a few days later and I am back on the waiting list! Hope you have better luck. Fabulous journal pages. Happy WOYWW Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love the journal! I think most all "professionals" are expensive when compared to our income and other expenses. Oh well.
    Have a great week!
    Carol N #21

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all the butterflies and dragonflies give a cohesive theme to the journal which again is a total masterpiece! I just adore the colours, you have such a knack of putting thos pages together. Sorry about the dentist, at least they took you back on their list, we have no alternative except private and it makes me mad!
    Hugs LLJ 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such an uninhibited artist, it’s a joy to behold! Loving all your winged pages, and the way you create for the sheer satisfaction. I’m sorry about the dentist…it does all feel a bit of a rip off doesn’t it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous pages, Zsuzsa, and I love it that you're continuing with
    'winged creatures'. They add such a sense of light and joy to the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love butterflies (pili-pala in Welsh) and dragonflies too so just love seeing your pages. Hope the tooth is OK now, but they can take time to settle if it was a big filling. Hugs BJ#5

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your journal - I don't think I'll ever get sick of winged things either ♥ I am very keen on an advent journal again this year but may be a late starter... only 3 weeks of work left this year but they are massively busy. Hope the recovery is quick xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pages, Zsuzsa. Unfortunately but surely, your teeth were more important than art material here. It is just the way our world is going, it is sad. Now have a nice weekend anyway!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.