Wednesday 9 June 2021

WOYWW #627: A bit of a scattered post and more ATCs!

Sorry I had to miss last week - I ended up working on my day off. That was the pay off for the bank holiday - there's always a pay-off! I'm back today with a bit of a scattered post - it's been a scattered couple of weeks. I've been doing this and that, fluttering from one project to another. I'll show you just a few. 

This was my desk almost two weeks ago. You'll be glad to know that I have since cleared it, though it got pretty messy again pretty quickly, so why bother?

Here I was ironing my tea-dyed papers - I love that little travel iron, it's so handy! I've made a ton of these papers and tried a new technique as well dying inkjet prints letting the inks run, which produce a pretty cool distressed effect. You can check out a tutorial here. These were my initial results and some plain ones too:



Another thing you can do is print directly on tea-dyed paper. I've printed these end papers for an altered book I'm planning to do - and that's as far as I got! 


What else? Oooh, you gotta see this! I saw this cool technique from Birgit Koopsen on Instagram where she uses gold Pan Pastels on a gelli plate - what can I say - mind blown - I had to try it! Here are my results: 

I've also been catching up on challenges in the Mixed Media Emporium Facebook group. One of them was ATC coins. I'd never created coins before and I must say I struggled with this format a bit, but managed to come up with these in the end. When you don't know what to use for focal points, just slap on some TH paper dolls - they always seem to work LOL! 


Talking of ATCs I've received some delightful beauties in the second round of my swaps from Heather, Chris, Lisa-Jane and Lyn (Spyder) along with some lovely little note cards, holders, ephemera etc. Thank you ladies - getting these in the post always made my day and put a smile on my face. 


I have a few other projects in the making - but I think I've kept you long enough - I'll show you next time. For now, there are just these photos to share. 

An amazing cloudscape from a few nights ago:


My beautiful hydrangea with huge flower balls (they're even bigger now)- the summer house still under construction in the background - hubs working on the insulation - had a little accident stabbing himself in the wrist narrowly missing his arteries - ended up in A&E but he's ok! I told him to take it as a warning to be more careful - a bit like when I fell down the stairs two years ago. I'm being very careful around stairs now! 



Some mood lights installed along the fence and the new flower bed leading to the summer house, by DIY extraordinaire hubs (without any accidents this time). I only showed him a picture in a magazine and bang, a week later we've got the lights going - he was trying to explain the technicalities of how the wires are connected, which went straight over my head - all I'm interested in is that on/off button LOL. (Similarly, he wouldn't be interested in my cooking method - all he's interested in is the food to stuff in his face. Yeah, we're old fashioned like that.)  


And that's all for today! Fingers crossed for "freedom day" June 21st - though I don't really see what all the fuss is about when we can already do most of what we want to do. We're hardly in "lockdown".  A few more weeks wouldn't make any difference. Let's just hope the vaccines are working! I had my second dose on Saturday - feeling great so far, not even a sore arm, but I'll be a bit jittery for the next two weeks. Not sure I would want another round of the AZ until they sort out the clotting issue. 



21 comments:

  1. What a whirlwind you’ve been! I think you definitely win the prize for the most projects on the go today *grin*. Love those gold pan pastels, what a clever and very effective technique though I do love the printed end papers of the book too. What do you do with all the things you make?
    I had to stifle a laugh when reading about your ‘sympathy’ after your hub’s accident - it’s a bit like me when my boys were small, if it wasn’t hanging off, I say ‘what are you complaining about’ lol!! Hope he’s ok now though!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATC coins are outstanding!! I too have been dyeing papers with some unearthed scrapbook dyes and having fun - now I must give some ink ject prints a go for fun. I just love the weekly inspiration from WOYWW. Fab fun and an endless To Do (and endless shopping) list. The Gold pan pastels are really nifty as well - love Birgit and her videos for Gel press but not seen that one (nor do I have gold pan pastels, so yeah, that shopping list grows!)

    Back from my first real HAIRCUT in 18 months - truly a HAPPY WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Zsuzsa I don't know where to start so many things on the go, i'm so envious of your creative time. Tea dyed papers are lovely to stamp on, you have a grand collection there and the Birgit technique looks amazing, look at those pops of gold.. I feel like i've missed so much recently.
    Glad Hubby is okay, that could have been a nasty cut..
    My hydrangea has yet to flower but it's growing back after it died down to almost nothing last year, fingers crossed for some Autumn Blooms.
    Sending creative hugs your way and wishing you a very Happy WoywW Tracey #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Zsuzsa, I love your papers. As always, highly creative and wonderful. One day I shall get round to trying geli printing. Who'd have thought you could use pan pastels? Your garden looks stunning with those fabulous lights. Clever hubby! He sounds exactly like mine as far as the cooking is concerned lol! I'm glad he didn't hurt himself seriously with his accident. Could have been very nasty.

    Thank you for your lovely and encouraging comment! So much appreciated in every way. Our local hospital seems to be running OK as far as cancer is concerned. When I first went to the GP surgery with my lump, there was a poster on the waiting list wall saying that all suspected cancer cases would be fast-tracked, and so far I haven't noticed any difference from last time. The MDT has swung into action and things are moving ahead now.

    My hubby came home one day several years ago armed with two of those birdcages! Unfortunately the little wooden parrots I've got to put in them won't stay the right way up so they are hanging upside down - Monty Python's Dead Parrots perhaps?

    The Persian Tiles are coming along slowly. Each one takes quite a while to do but crochet does grow a lot faster than knitting. I'm loving doing this project and can't wait to see it over the back of the settee! I'm already thinking about the next one I want to do...

    The kitties have definitely adopted the kitty throw and my hubby says it makes the chair even more comfortable than it was before!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many things going on in your life and at your desk, I'm surprised you can keep them straight. Your ATCoins are wonderful and I agree that if you are in a pinch, add a TH doll to the mix.

    Sorry to read about your husband, but that is going to be a lovely summer house when finished. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post today - especially your garden - it looks fab. Your artwork never ceases to amaze me - so many lovely ideas and techniques. Sorry to hear about hubby's little accident - so easily done. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zsuzsa! Thanks for letting me know about my link, I think I've fixed it! I love everything in your post today, especially the blue printed paper, I must try that! The gold gelli plate papers turned out awesome! I really need to watch more You Tube! Have a great week, Lindart #33 (now!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you on that one about the 21st. I don't see what else we can do apart from disco dancing, football matches etc. Not been into the latter since I was about 18 and am too old for the other now. In fact do they still call it disco?
    Love the lights, what a clever hubbie you have. it looks absolutely gorgeous. I want mine like that! (gone green with envy)
    Lovely pages as always but that gold from Birgit is sensational. I don't have gold in a PP but I think i might just have to have one.
    Your hydrangea is fabulous - if ever you get the chance go to Portmeirion and to the Italianate Village - the hydrangeas there are massive. I have never seen them bigger.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    ps thanks for the suggestions - I thought I might be able to change to not allowing anonymous or something but can't. It's either Google or members and it would preclude so many that it's not worth it. Thanks anyway, lovely of you to think about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always I don't know where to look first - so many fab projects you've shared, the tea dyed papers are just fantastic and the pan pastel on gelli plate is too... Adore the cloudscape! Have a good week and yay for no side effects! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad it's not just me! I seem to have got my Mojo back suddenly and don't know where to start, just keep moving from one thing to another but have managed to get tidied up this week. That technique with the Pan pastels is brilliant especially when you've got a box full of these things that seemed like a great idea at the time but really haven't been used nearly enough. Need to give it a go. Loving your ATCs too. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely newsy post and enjoyed those tea dyed papers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a couple of weeks you have had! Thank goodness your husband is ok - my own is currently up ladders fitting cameras to the front of the house as we have had a couple of "incidents" with undesirables loitering on the drive and we thought best be safe than sorry - might not prevent anything happening but may well get the scumbags on video! Your pages are, quite simply, AMAZING!! I love them all from the teadyed & stamped ones to those glorious gold ones. Your garden is wonderful - all that space - I do love space I have to admit. Hope you have a good week (your little keepsake for Shaz will be in the post just as soon as my new jiffy bags arrive!) Love to you, from Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous array of artistic cleverness again Zsuzsa. Loving the new gel print technique you found. Hope hubby manages to complete the summer house without further incident. I wouldn't panic too much about the AZ jab and clots - I took the contraceptive pill for years and there is a higher liklihood of clots with that and long distance flights than the AZ jab. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool is that gold pan pastel on the gel plate?! It looks awesome, as does that first pic of the distressed blue dye. It looks like an ancient book! Hope DH is okay after his stabbing!! Bye for now, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  15. O.M.G. I am drooling with paper envy (as if I don't have enough already!). The tea-dyed papers are marvellous, and the idea of printing directly onto them is fabulous. And those gold papers are just stunning...I want, want, WANT!!! You're having waaaaaay too much fun over there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous projects! I can’t remember where I read it, but if you design your ATC coin as a square it’s supposed to make it easier, cutting the circle out at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiya - just popping by - so much lovely stuff on your desk - tha gold pan pastels look AMAZING - Hope you have another fabulous week - Stay safe & well Cheers Maurs xxx #35

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Zsuzsa, You have been producing fabulous stuff alltogether! I also hope that vaccines will work and that we will be able to meet family and friends again normally and hug them. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohmy, there's a lot to see and explore in your post today... that dying techniques sounds intriguing (but it's a long video you link to, I might watch it later...) and the result is fabulous! I love the 'summer house', and feel sorry for myself to have only a little balcony and a hub who's not handy (only with computers... he's a wizzard when it comes to that!) Ahhh, we all have our talents isn't it?! Have a great weekend beautiful one, enjoy your garden, your beloved and everything else! Love from Holland. Marit #20 (P.S. Cataract surgery went very well, I am in the healing mode right now but am able to spend some time at the computer... and I can SEE well, yay!!! )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post today and a very busy desk, Love all your work and you had some lovely ATC's. Lovely pictures of your garden and the clouds,

    Take care and stay safe.
    Lilian B #10

    ReplyDelete
  21. Evening!! I was so sure I called in last week! Glad to see the ATC's arrived okay. Some of them have gone awol I think! Very busy desk, love those round 'coins' never came across them until I saw yours the other week. Must have a go! Keep Crafting! Stay Safe. Happy Very VERY!!late last weeks woyww!? ((Lyn)) #26

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.