Wednesday 11 December 2019

WOYWW #549: Advent Journal 2019 - Part 2

Looking back on my desk a week ago, it looked positively tidy compared to its present state. Here's a shot of my desk fresh off my camera this morning - and I had a surprise visitor as well!


I was working on Day 11 (today) in my advent journal following Kasia's prompts, so I'm all up to date. I'll finish this spread later today. When I originally constructed my journal, I only included 24 pages - one for each day - but I soon realised that I prefer working on two pages side-by-side (i.e. a whole spread) so I started sticking in additional pages. Luckily, my book spine is big enough to accomodate the additional thickness. Here are my pages from day 4 to day 10. There's a yellow tinge on these photos as the sun was rising around the time I took them this morning - except day 9, which was taken on a previous occasion.  I tried to include a little gold on every page - it's Christmas after all! 








It's really not hard to keep up with the daily journalling and I can even do it on my work days. 15-20 minutes is all it takes and it makes me feel good that I did something creative, no matter how small or quick. I could get into the daily habit of doing this. The key is that you should not worry about the outcome, which is something I still have to work on but I find Kasia's attitude to journalling very inspiring. 

We've added some more twinkling lights to our decor and it's really beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Thanks for your visit - I'll be over soon! xx



14 comments:

  1. Hi Zsuzsa, lovely lights! Fab journal pages too, I'm amazed at them only taking such a short time to create. Love your helper sitting on your desk, looks very comfy. :) Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to finish two more Memory bears this morning before I could check out my favourite blogs so I'm a little later visiting today.
    Love to see your gorgeous pages all laid out like that.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous journal pages - not had time to do that this year but am hoping to get more into my art journaling again next year. Love your cheeky visitor! Happy WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#11)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your journal is looking fabulous! the one I am so desparate to finish is bursting it's seam but I am going to leave it! I didn't take any pics from the second venue we went to for our party - then it DID get messy (not me, of course!) Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear what you say but I've still not even started the journal, all the prompts are there sitting in my emails but O guess I can start it soon now the C. cards are finished. Oreo is such a sweetie, you're never short of company. The lights are looking lovely too. Have a happy woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal pages are awesome! I love all the gold and the feathers. Your messy desk looks just perfect, there is Oreo making sure you don't put anything away! I love you twinkling lights too, so festive! Mittsy is glad to have her couch back, that was her room when we first got her! Thanks for your visit, have a great week. Meow from the kitties to Oreo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zsuzsa. Great fun lights. Well found! Well done on keeping up with the journal. I would never in a million years manage that!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, those pages are beautiful. I especially love day 10 with the turquoise and gold...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your twinkly lights look lovely, I could just sit and gaze at them! Your journal pages are wonderful, Kasha’s prompts obviously suit you really well, and I’m happy to read that you are up to date with them, quite an achievement, I’d say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who could you haves better than Oreo sitting in on your creativity? He is like your best friend sitting there watching what you do.
    Gosh you are really good at this journalling lark. I could not crate a single page, never mind a double, in the time allocated for this challenge. I spend too much time thinking about it and then get myself all of a lather before even beginning to put paint to paper. I love all of your pages, especially those in your favourite colours - because they are my favourites too.
    Hugs, Neet 16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Zsuzsa, your golden pages warmed my heart and mind this morning! I especially liked the feathers! Your Christmas are lovely, so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pages. I am hoping to catch up on a few spreads this weekend. The prompts are brilliant in inspiring such variety. I love seeing the gold on your pages but also the recurring elements like the feathers and leaves. Merry Merry xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pages, Zsuzsa, and very pretty twinkly lights! Thank you for your visit and I'm sorry to be so long replying. It's been a really busy week and I had to get the Tudor gown finished in time. Then Saturday itself was a long day and brilliant fun. Since then I've been resting and recovering and there's lots of catching up to do now.

    Hopefully I'll get a post up tomorrow with more news.

    Happy very belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.