Wednesday 22 June 2016

WOYWW #368: Make stickers out of your art work

Hello deskers! I didn't think I was going to take part in this week's WOYWW as I didn't have anything on my work desk (dining table) to show you, but I have just received some printable sticky labels that I had recently ordered, so I thought I'd quickly share with you what I did with them.

I've seen this technique used by several artists, most notably by Roben-Marie Smith. It involves scanning your artwork and printing it on these sticky labels, to be used in various art projects. They can add interest to journal pages, tags, ATCs, mail art etc. I got so carried away that I printed all 10 sheets in no time, so I had to order some more! These printable labels come in different shapes and sizes: circles, squares, rectangles, strips, etc. Mine are 1.5" circles which is a good size to use on most projects.

Here are the printed sheets and some of the stickers temporarily mounted on the waxed side of deli papers to show you what they look like. Next time, I might show you how they can be used in your art projects.



Thanks for popping in today to read this quick post. 
Wishing you a creative week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.