Wednesday 4 December 2019

WOYWW #548: Advent Calendar and Journal

Hello again lovely WOYWW peeps. I'll jump straight in showing you my desk as I have lots of other things to share. This photo must have been taken on Sunday might as I was just beginning to work on the first prompt of Kasia's Advent Calendar.


So far I managed to keep on track and even managed to complete day 3 after work yesterday - which seems like days ago but it was just last night! Here are my pages so far. As you can see, I included some of the art cards I made earlier in the year - I thought it would be nice to give them a home in my journal. I will be working on day 4 later today - we're encouraged to spend just 15-20 mins on each page, so it doesn't get overwhelming. 




I've also managed to complete my DIY advent calendar in the nick of time for Sunday. Here it is all decorated. It came with little red velvet pouches each containing a number of charms. When I received it a few weeks ago, I couldn't help opening them but I didn't look! I touched them with my eyes closed and tried to work out what they were - this way the surprise is not ruined but enhanced! I'll show you what it contained today and I'll show you all of them in the end. I open them in the morning and it's a good motivator for me to get out of bed early! 





I haven't done any new pours but I have been working some more with resin. I added die-cuts to some of my "failed" pours with a layer of resin over the top, which really enhances them. I've learned so much along the way - especially that resin is very forgiving and you can repour it as many times as necessary to get a good result. The one on the left has three layers and at one point it really looked like it was a gonner, but I managed to save it! 


I've also managed to fix this one I showed you last week - I just had to sand it back and pour another layer of resin and all the scratches, bumps and imperfections disappeared! Here it is again - do you recognise the reflection in it?


Just in case you didn't: 


We've also put our tree and lights up. Same a last year except for this little fixture I made from some lighted branches from Aldi, a glass vase from Home Bargains and some glass pebbles from Ebay. Once you add these up, it wasn't exactly cheap but we can use it all year around not just for Christmas. And of course our little rustic Santa came out of exile as well. 


Happy #548! xx

13 comments:

  1. So many lovely things! Just love the layers of gorgeous colour and texture in the journal pages (so tactile), and it's fascinating to see how you're using this approach to take the pourings in another direction too. The resin layering was a stroke of genius!
    The little irridescent hearts look like dichroic glass?
    Amelia #17

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little hearts, the colours are just beautiful - you could make pendants out of them or keyrings...so many ideas. I've seen a few people doing the advent journal this morning, your's is lovely and very you! Our decorations will be coming out this weekend I think, we always do it for G's birthday!!
    HUgs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a whistle stop tour of all my fav blogs before starting to sew the 3 Memory bears I've got lined up ready so please excuse it being a speedy visit.
    I do so love the colours you work with. The advent calender is stunning as are all the other things you've been up to this week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zsuzsa, love the journal pages. Also the things you're doing with the acrylic pours are amazing. Fab light decoration, looks lovely. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your advent journal pages - hadn't come across that challenge, what a lovely idea it is. those light up branches from Aldi are gorgeous - I wonder if ours has any in still...must take a peek this weekend. Happy WOYWW. Take care, With Love & God Bless Caro xx (#5)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the advent pages, and your advent box looks fab too. Love the decorations, not done mine yet ( not a lot of room for much here!) Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looking very festive in your home Zsuzsa, i've been told I have to wait till my Daughter comes back from Sweden before my Tree goes up, we usually put it up together and chat about all the old and handmade baubles.
    Your advent calendar box looks a real treat, I'm wondering what you have in each draw << nosey me!!
    I've managed to keep up with Kasia's advent just need to find time to take pics and share, maybe over the weekend if no one drops in. Thanks for reminding me, it will keep my mind active with the ability to switch off for 15 mins a day.. bliss. Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey #8
    P.S loving the sheen from the resin coating, looks perfect to me already x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your advent box, such fun. I so wanted to join in with the Advent Calendar journal but so far just not had the time. Oreo manges to get everywhere, love him. Wishing you a happy creative woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your advent journal. Everything crossed I get time to play catch up this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love your advent journal pages and Oreo's reflection on my favourite pouring! Also like this little Santa with the lights. Happy December, Zsuzsa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant advent pages and the acrylic pours are fabulous with the resin. Good to see Oreo still shows an interest Zsuzsa lol. Glad you got your advent drawers finished in time too. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decorations are lovely and I fell in love with your little Father Christmas - well he is not so little. Gorgeous face.
    Your journal pages are so you, the colours and the pockets and I do like the background for the page with 'allow' on it.
    Enjoy your advent calendar I forgot to put ours up this year so am just going to get it out now. It's one I put together a few years ago with little things collected fro the German Christmas markets - think it might have been Dusseldorf.
    Do you mean those feathers and wings are on failed pourings? They are fantastic - am sure you could sell those.
    have a good week
    Hugs, Neet 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your advent calendar is awesome! So beautiful! And treasures inside as well, wonderful! I love the way you put the dies on the pours, beautiful! And Oreo's shadow on the last one looks great! Too bad you couldn't capture that! Love to Oreo from Mittsy and Inky, have a great week, Lindart #26

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.