Wednesday 3 October 2018

WOYWW #487: Three birthdays and other things

I'm a week too late with this WOYWW post - I really should have posted a week ago, but it wasn't meant to be. The exact date of my desk shot is actually 19/09 which was exactly two weeks ago. I was getting ready for my son's 14th birthday that Friday (and Oreo's 3rd!). He requested a colourful, hand-made card. I decided to do something simple as he doesn't always appreciate my grungy mixed-media efforts, so I just stuck with using block colours, die-cuts, decorative tapes and photos in a more scrapbookie style. I used an Amazon mailer like I did for his 10th and 12th birthdays previously.


That shadow box on my desk was just an alternative I had explored but I'll do something else with it later. This is how the card turned out:





The card came with a cake (and a new 24-month phone contract, phew!). I can show you the cake - we ran out of Maltesers but it still looked ok. Who would have thought that a whole box of Maltesers is not even nearly enough to cover an 8" cake? 


Incidentally, my hub's birthday is today - just 12 days after my son's, which is always good because I'm less likely to forget it! He's getting a shop-bought card this year but I know he'll like the sentiment more than anything I could have cobbled together:


Just a few more photos to share:
Remember the blue shed in my last post? It didn't take long for Oreo to discover that it's a perfect vantage point to keep an eye on the back door.


My avocado continues to thrive. I keep moving it to the sunny side of the house and make sure the soil stays moist but not too wet as I read it needs good drainage. I may have to re-pot it sooner than I planned - the roots are already trying to come through the holes at the bottom of the pot. 


We've had some amazing sunsets in the past few weeks. This is just one of the many photos I took. 


Thanks for visiting! I'm not around as much as I would like these days, but I'll make sure to visit everyone during the course of the week! 
Happy #487!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.