Wednesday 17 October 2018

WOYWW #489: A journal page and two cards

Having missed last week's WOYWW, I really didn't want to miss this week as well. On Monday evening I realised  that I had nothing to share, so I quickly put my backside into gear and even remembered to take a photo of my desk:

I initially set out to do something with that shadow frame sitting on top of my drawers on the left, but nothing came to me, so I decided to do a journal page instead. I used some motifs from a patterned paper collection (The Dreamer by Craftbox). These are lovely papers but on the pricey side, especially that they're double sided and you only get one of each sheet, so you end up wasting half the designs! Then the idea hit me to scan in the sheets and print them - this way I can use them over and over again (even digitally) and still keep the original pack to stroke. Why haven't I done that with all my precious papers before? 

This way I was able to rip up the sheet without having to gasp and use some bits on my page. My new page is on the left hand side of the spread. I've already shared the other side here. I wanted to keep the same colour scheme on both sides, so they go together. Here's a closer look:




While I was on a roll, I also finished a UFO that I started a couple of months ago - it only needed assembling. I don't even remember how I made them. I know I used some free embossing folders that came with a magazine and some of the vintage butterflies Annie sent me here


FREEBIES ALERT: Before I forget, there was a free Lifebook 2019 summit last week organised by Tam of Willowing with free videos published each day. I missed it as I didn't have time to watch them, but Tam extended the availability until next Monday if anyone's interested. You can find all the links HERE. This page will disappear on 22nd October. The first video on each page is an interview and the second one is an activity. In addition to the videos, there are free gifts from each artist -sometimes it's a discount code or a printable, but there are some offers of free classes as well. I was especially delighted to find that Donna Downey offered her 10X10 class for free!!! You can find Donna's gift HERE. It is such an incredibly generous offer! I'm not sure if there's a time limit on this link, so if you want it, you'd better sign up while you can and then the class will be registered to your account on Donna's website to access at your leisure. 

A few more photos to share: 

Oreo in his favourite sleeping position
Oreo with his best friend
Rainbow in our garden 
The Malvern Hills from the bottom of our garden
Yet another beautiful sunset
  Thanks for visiting! I'll be over soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.