Tuesday 14 February 2017

LifeBook week06: The song of me

I'm running slightly behind with my LifeBook lessons. This one was from last week - one of Tam's offerings again, as usual for the first lesson each month. It was well within my comfort zone as I'm quite familiar with Tam's process by now.

This page was meant to be a dream board similar to what we did last year but I concentrated on just one aspect of my life that I find crucial to my happiness: tranquillity. As I get older, I'm getting increasingly less tolerant of stressful situations and try to avoid them as much as possible. Some things that were exciting for me when I was younger, I just find plain stressful these days. I want to attract more tranquillity into my life, as that's when I feel truly happy. I used a quote from Cicero to express my sentiment.

Tam titled this lesson 'The Song of Me' because we started out with our own photo. As usual, I managed to make mine look completely different - though I tried to leave the middle of my eyes untouched so it's still me peeking through somewhere in there. You'll find a giphy at the bottom of this post to show you how the layers built up.






Here's the whole process. There a big jump between the last frame and the previous one. It's because I couldn't take any photos in the dark, but I think it's still interesting to see how my face changed beyond recognition. This paint over collage is so much fun! I doubt I'll ever get tired of this - it's so interesting to see what comes out of it in the end! 

via GIPHY


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.