Wednesday 28 December 2016

WOYWW #395: Christmas done and dusted!

Another Christmas over and done with. Phew! Hope you all enjoyed the festivities and didn't put on too much weight! Eeks! I'll postpone my diet until January. I'm here to show you my work desk again for WOYWW. Not much going on at the moment as the table had to be cleared for our Christmas meals. This photo was taken on Christmas Day while we were playing Top Trumps Cats. Oreo had to take part as usual. You can also see some Xmas pressies in the background: a Lego cup and a Lava lamp. The tea lights were left over from the night before.


I have finally completed the binding of my LifeBook.You can find photos and a video flip-through here. I also made a video in After Effects using a template, which shows some of my pages in a pretty setting floating on water. This was just to occupy myself while I was waiting for my real book to dry. All that gel medium took 24 hours to dry completely!



If you remember, I shared some goodies I received last week from my friend Lynette in NZ. Now I can show you what I sent her in exchange. I made a mini accordion journal to commemorate our LifeBook journey together in 2016. I printed out some of the lessons we both completed and stuck them side-by-side. 





What was your favourite Christmas present this year? Mine is this cool Tetris light. OK, it's not mine, we bought it for our son, but because it stays in the same household, it feels like it's a little bit mine too to admire! I'm thinking of getting another set so we can extend this one. You can put the blocks together in different formations. How cool is that?


We also got this funny cat book, On the Prowl. Perhaps I won't be sued for copyright infringement if I share a sample page from it, just to give you an idea. It's full of laugh-out-loud cat cartoons. This one had me in stitches!


Yesterday we visited Worcester Cathedral and saw all these Christmas trees lined up in the cloisters. It was a truly magical experience! 


While we were in Worcester, hubby picked up this retro sign in town. Now he just needs a man cave to display it! Perhaps 2017 will bring it to him!


I realize this was a somewhat eclectic post tying up the loose ends - a little bit like my 2016 has been. It's been full of ups and downs, but it wasn't a bad year after all. If 2017 turns out to be just as not bad, I'll be thankful. 

Best wishes to everyone for the New Year! May all your wishes, dreams and plans come true! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.