Wednesday 15 May 2019

WOYWW #519: Catching up

The weeks whiz by so incredibly fast - I've missed three weeks of WOYWW again. I'm joining in today at #519, the week before the biggie 10th anniversary and our annual ATC swap.

I jumped in and decided to get a head start on my ATCs on Saturday. This is what my desk looked like with the beginnings of my ATCs:


Later, they evolved to something like this:


In the end, they ended up looking nothing like these. I'll share them next week. 

In order to show you a finished project as well, here's a quickie I did altering a small flower pot. My husband got it from one of his colleagues and when I first saw it, my immediate thought was it needs some colour! It's too small to grow any plants in it, but I might get a small cactus for it. (I just came up with this idea as I was typing!) 



Talking of plants, I haven't shared any avocado photos for months - and that's because it was "hibernating"  for the winter and didn't grow at all. Then about 3-4 weeks ago, after I re-potted it, it started to grow like crazy, at least 7 inches since then. Yesterday, when I got home from work I got a real shock when I saw that it was wilting in direct sun in the hot conservatory. It must have been 40 C degrees in there or even hotter! I thought I'd killed it but it came back to life - I reckon I saved it in the nick of time, so I'm not going to leave it in the conservatory on hot days any more. Some of its new leaves got a bit singed, but I think they will repair themselves. I felt awful when I saw it.  Here's a shot of the new shoot - that's about a third of the whole plant with lots of side shoots coming through. 


Oreo's fur on his bald spot started to grow back, thankfully. At least the £63.59 treatment seems to have worked, though I still feel bitter about being ripped off at the vets - I'm almost certain it would have resolved on its own, but you just don't want to worry. At least I can keep the cream for next time if it happens again. Here he is curled up on my chair in the craft room this morning with not a care in the world.


That's it folks! I'll have to go run some errands today but will be back later to snoop around! 
Happy #519! 

17 comments:

  1. I like the altered pot very much, gorgeous colours! And you never leave a vets without handing over your life savings....sigh!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zsuzsa, totally agree, that pot is fabulous! Love what you did with it.I'm sure the avocado will be fine,amazing that the temperature got so high. Would love to swap ATC's with you. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling when weeks fly by. You have done a great job with the little pot and the cactus will be super cute. Best of luck with the avocado.
    sandra de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another idea could be one of those air plants. They don't need much looking after and grow on anything they can stick to. Whatever you do the pot is beautiful - love how you revamped it into a glorious piece of artwork.
    Glad you saved the plant, lesson learned - when i had a conservatory I first was amazed at the heat in it on a sunny day, also that you saved Oreo from having that bald spot. Glad he is back to being a contented cat.
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to say this, but I'm thrilled blogger got rid of G+ and I can now leave comments on your blog. Your ATCs already put mine to shame. I'm really impressed with how you started them.

    Wow, that avocado is awesome. So glad you saved it.

    I've been out of the loop so long, I was happy to see Oreo, but sad to read he had some kind of skin problem. Hope he's well soon. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Zsuzsa, thanks for linking me up! :o) Looking forward to seeing your ATCs next week, not sure I'll have time now sadly. LOVE your altered pot, it would look great with a little succulent in it - or maybe make a felted or crocheted cactus :o) Glad to see Oreo and the Avocado looking completely unruffled! Have a great week. Annie C #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. That flowerpot is stunning! I am looking forward to seeing the finished ATCs.. would you like to swap one with me? Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#18)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the atcs that evolved into something else! the altered pot is fab, too. Have a great week. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zsuzsa, seems like forever since I visited your desk. The altered pot looks great - a mini cactus would be perfect for it. I didn't know about Oreo - glad he is on the mend. If you have a spare ATC would love to exchange with you. Have a lovely week Heather x #7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! The ATCs are looking interesting! I love the pot transformation ! Chrisx 33

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pot. I bet however the ATCs end up they will be brilliant. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that Oreo is on the mend Zsuzsa. Love the altered pot and look forward to seeing the finished ATCs. I am having to stick to PIF only and swapping at the crop this year. hope you can make one sometime. It would be great to meet in person. Happy WOYWW.. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Zsuzsa, such a long time! Your altered pot is wonderful, and I am glad to see that your avocado plant is growing fine now! Oreo is so sweet on his chair! Nicki is often taking the same position...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little pot and I agree it would work for a little cactus. I know vets have to make a living and you go in and they tell you how sweet your pet is and how adorable and how they just love her and then they say"that will be your first born child" as payment!
    Happy WOYWW
    Glenda #19

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous colour on that pot, Zsuzsa - it's totally awesome, and would look great sporting a small cactus. I can hardly wait to see your ATC's next week....anticipation to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pots been given a fab face lift Zsuzsa, far too nice to be let unseen. I love the idea of a cactus being housed in it. I remember the avocado it seems to be loving it's new pot, i'd have killed it months ago if it was mine, i'm not very good with plants apart from the ones that look after themselves. Sorry i'm late, it's been one of those weeks where you collapse at the end of the evening and wake to the sound of the morning alarm.
    Look forward to seeing those ATC's, take care lovely & Happy belated WoywW Tracey #4.
    P.S Good to know Oreo is doing well x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad Oreo is getting his hair back! He sure looks comfy. Your ATCs are coming along nicely! Sorry I'm so late, thanks for your visit!And yes, I am sure I want to get rid of the books, I just wish someone else wanted them! Lindart #26

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.